8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Have You Ever Seen a Home Kinescope Kit??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have You Ever Seen a Home Kinescope Kit??
Richard Bignell
Junior

- posted September 27, 2004 01:29 PM      Profile for Richard Bignell         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard a rumour in the past that at some point a home Kinescope kit was made available for 8mm, which would allow the filmmaker to photograph television programmes without getting any of the travelling black scan lines ruining the picture. However, I've never found any concrete proof of the existence of such a kit.

Then recently, I found the following on a website:"In the 1950s a home kinescope kit was introduced in Britain, allowing enthusiasts to make 16mm recordings of television programmes. The major drawback, apart from the short duration of a 16mm film magazine, was that a large opaque frame had to be placed in front of the TV set in order to block out any stray reflections - making it impossible to watch the set normally while filming. It is not known if any recordings made using this equipment still exist."

Does anyone know anything about the existence of such Kinescope kits?

Richard

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC