8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "Film Renew" (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: "Film Renew"
Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2013 10:48 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I know this is a completely ancient thread, but it is the first I had heard of the 'warm water' treatment to get emulsion scratches out. I unfortunately am having to sell up all my gear and movies to pay medical bills, and I had one reel that has a deep green emulsion scratch in it, right down the middle. Does this technique reduce deep scratch much? I don't feel I can sell the film with the way it is at the moment.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2013 06:26 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pete, so sorry that you're in a bad way.

A green scratch means that the emulsion itself is damaged to the point that part of it is actually gone. The warm water treatment can help lighter ones, but not where a dye layer is missing. So sorry to have to tell you that, too.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC