8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ST 1200 repair in USA?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ST 1200 repair in USA?
Stephen Kent Jusick
Junior

- posted December 01, 2004 01:06 AM      Profile for Stephen Kent Jusick   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have good recomendations of a place or person who repairs Elmo ST 1200 projectors? I have 2 that are not working and one that needs a tune up. Leon Norris has worked on my GS 1200, but he didn't want to deal with the ST 1200s. Thanks....

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 01, 2004 12:42 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Chip, you have just had an ST repaired perhaps you can help Stephen on this one.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2004 06:29 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there is Irv in califronia his last name escapes at tthis time but will look into it or maybe somebody else can help out here

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 02, 2004 10:36 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen,

Jim is referring to Irv Higdon out in Granada Hills, California. His number is 818-365-0385. I vaguely recall someone in Long Island placing an ad about Elmo repair, but I'll have to check on that.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2004 11:12 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken Fountain in Los Angeles
310-559-7717

The big problem will be accessing parts as they are no longer made. Tune ups should be easy major repairs will be difficult.

Ken was very quick and nice priced, too.

Stephen Kent Jusick
Junior

- posted December 02, 2004 11:55 PM      Profile for Stephen Kent Jusick   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for these suggestions. Can anyone vouch for Irv Higdon's work (before I send projectors out to him....)
Doug--are you perhaps thinking about Atlantic Camera near Islip?

SKJ

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2004 09:57 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen,

Before you send your machines out for repair, why don't you consider this:

1) Irv Higdon does not fix the machines himself. He only sends the product to a repairman, so there is money to be made. Try Ken first and save yourself some feature money. No offense to Irv of course, but this is what he once told me himself a few years ago.

2) Review your machines for their health. Have the machine that needs the least amount of repairs fixed. Have the second best machine as a spare, and the third for parts that might be needed for these repairs. Because parts are so very hard to find, you have all of that right at your finger tips. Remember that st1200 units pop up on Ebay frequently so you could always get another within 12 months or so.

Just a couple of friendly suggestions. Good luck.

Changing the subject now, I have one simple question.

When most people fall down, they usually get up and continue on.
But what the hell is ISLIP? (taa boom tish) LOL Seriously where is that in NY?

CG

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2004 11:09 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Islip, is located on Long Island, N.Y., and is about 50 miles east from NYC.
It is a large area located in the region of Suffolk County, Along the meridian or splitting Long Island in half (as North as Central Islip along the Long Island Expressway (LIE) all the way south, by the boundaries of water by the Atlantic Ocean Shore line. Atlantic Camera is on the South Shore.
Also famous for LI MacArthur Airport.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 03, 2004 11:39 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen,

You're right about Atlantic Camera (631-587-7959). I looked at a few back issues of The Reel Image and found their ad. As for Irv, he advertises repairs but I've never sent him anything to work on. I have however, picked up a nice Elmo 1.0 lens from him.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC