8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Photos of Film convention near Paris, France (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Photos of Film convention near Paris, France
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 08, 2004 03:45 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

The 18th "Cingles du Cinema" ("the cine-nuts"), France's biggest annual film collector convention, will take place on January 28, 29 and 30 - 2005 - at the "Salle Jean Vilar" in Argenteuil (near Paris).
Free admission on Saturday and Sunday. Friday is the merchants day, and requires a separate tickets (that costs roughly 10 euros).
There will be many sellers (around 200) dealing films (super 8, 16, 9.5...), equipment, antiques, posters, photos, collectables, etc.
If any of you happens to be in the Paris area and is willing to visit the convention, email me and I'll be happy to send details on how to get to Argenteuil by train from Paris, how to find the convention from the railway station, and how to find my stall once you're at the convention...
[Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2004 05:28 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Calling the lightwater 5.....................

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2004 02:04 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be up for it but I shall be away on my winter hols that weekend [Frown] . Maybe the Lightwater 4 ? [Razz]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 08, 2004 04:44 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Blimey and here are us UK southerners saying that Blackpool is a tad too far!!!

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2004 05:07 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can be in Paris on the Euro Star in less time than it would take to get to Blackpool! [Big Grin]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 09, 2004 05:04 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here's everything you need to know if you want to get to the convention.

LES CINGLÉS DU CINÉMA
Where?
Salle Jean Vilar
Boulevard Héloïse - Argenteuil
When?
28, 29, 30th January 2005
Hours:
Friday the 28th - 2 pm til 7 pm
Saturday the 29th - 9 am til 7 pm
Sunday the 30th - 9 am til 6 pm

Free admission on both Saturday and Sunday.
Admission fee (roughly 10 euros) on Friday afternoon (merchants day). Tickets can be purchased when you arrive at the convention.

How to get there?
From anywhere in Paris, you want to take the Metro to "Saint-Lazare" railway station (circled in red on the following metro map).
If you come with the Eurostar (which arrives at "Gare du Nord") and stay in this area, there are buses that will take you to Saint-Lazare (20 minutes ride).
At the station, buy a ticket to "ARGENTEUIL". You want to take a train that goes to "ARGENTEUIL" or "CORMEILLES EN PARISIS" (end of the line). Depending on the day and hour, trains leave every 10 to 30 minutes. It's a 16 minutes trip.
Get off the train at "ARGENTEUIL".
Do not get off at "Val d'argenteuil" as you would end up in the middle of nowhere

Alternate route is to take "RER" (local express train), line "C3" (circled in green on the map), if you're staying in the centre of Paris (Saint-Michel area). But this might take longer.

Metro Map:
 -

When you arrive in Argenteuil (train station cicled in red, RER station circled in green), it's a 20 minutes walk to "Salle Jean Vilar" (marked in purple). There might be buses but I'm not sure about these...

Map of Argenteuil:
 -

And here's an approximate floorplan of the convention (and where to find me...)
 -
There's another screening room on the upper level (not shown on plan) but don't expect anything as spectacular as the BFCC's large screen...

Finally, here's a picture of my better half (as you can see, she's really half my size... [Wink] ) and yours truly, at our stall.
 -

Any questions? Ask them here. I'll "UP" this thread, as a reminder, a few days prior to the convention.

If you're coming on Friday, please be aware that not all of the dealers will be there (some arrive very early Saturday morning) and that most of us will be putting the stalls together.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 09, 2004 07:51 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean-Marc,
Is it my cinematic imagination, or does your wife look a little like Leslie Caron?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 09, 2004 10:01 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,
Er... Well, you're the first person to make that comparison. It had never occured to me. Thanks a bunch.
Now I can sound even more like Maurice Chevalier in "Gigi" (Thank Heavens, for little girl...)

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 25, 2005 11:58 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,
A friendly reminder for those interested and willing to travel to Paris next weekend : les "Cingles du Cinema", France's biggest film fair, starts this coming Friday. Scroll up for details. [Wink]

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 04:50 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Here's a little photo tour of the convention. Pics were taken early Sunday morning, prior to the opening. Saturday was really busy...

You enter the fair through this room, where you can find vintage posters, books, toys and collectables as well as some equipment...
 -

The second hall, here again, paper reigns supreme but you can find some equipment here and there. One of the stalls had a bunch of full length spaghetti westerns from Italy (alas, not "Keoma", the one I'm looking for...)
 -

The next three pictures show a "panoramic" view of the main hall, filled with stalls selling equipment (from 8mm to 70mm) and films prints
 -
 -
 -

The large stage, in the main hall (behind the potted plants), is also used as a retail place
 -

An interesting long play unit (apparently made in Germany) fitted on a ST1200
 -

The 'Antique Cameras' stall (these guys also own a shop in the center of Paris...)
 -

Well, there you go... Hope you enjoyed the tour.

On my end, the fair was really good as I sold loads of books, toys and super 8 digests.
As far as purchased are concerned, I managed to buy a zoom attachement for the Elmo 16CL, a few Paillard Bolex lenses that fit perfectly the CHC adaptor sleeve (again for the 16CL), a brand new (sealed) sup8 digest of "At the Earth's Core", a 3x400 ft digest of a French comedy ("Le Tatoue, starring Jean Gabin and Louis de Funes) and a superb LPP 16mm print of the 1987 documentary "From Star Wars to Jedi, the Making of a Saga"...

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 06:28 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a good turn out and I note that there seems to be plenty of equipment on offer too.
Great pics Jean-marc

Kev. [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 07:15 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,
Yes, there was indeed a lot of equipment. The GSs were all sold by mid-day Saturday. [Wink] Among strange stuff, there was a xenon Fumeo, an odd HTI converted Chinon, a home-made Cinette fitted on top of a pocket flashlight, a Noris projector with a built-in tape playing unit. I guess that for someone like you, who's very into technical stuff, even simply strolling through the aisles would be interesting.

--------------------

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2005 07:52 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
an odd HTI converted Chinon
Like a Trabant with a Ferrari motor! A very very intelligent work! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2005 07:57 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks absolutely wonderful.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 07:59 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Like a Trabant with a Ferrari motor! A very very intelligent work!

Yes!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I like the analogy.
It didn't even look like the top-of-the-line Chinon, it was smaller model, rather like a a poor kid with an ugly wart on his cheek.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 09:05 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great Jean-Marc! I'm sure these pictures will encourage some British collectors to cross the channel for next years event. Did you see any Heurtier's for sale? [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 09:39 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Did you see any Heurtier's for sale?
Yes, quite a few, actually. Including several versions of the Tri-Film model (still finalizing negociations for mine, if that was the meaning of your question, Paul).

And I met with many people from abroad, including from the UK, but most of them were looking for posters.

--------------------

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2005 02:29 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Cine is alive & well in France. Anyone up for a daytrip next year? Wine rack needs filling aswell. [Smile]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Alejandro Lopez
Junior

- posted February 03, 2005 04:38 AM      Profile for Alejandro Lopez   Email Alejandro Lopez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi: Why can´t I see the pictures on this forum as on film-tech too? I only see a face and "illegal picture". I´d thank an advise please.

Alejandro.

--------------------
Alejandro

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 03, 2005 07:06 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about that Alejandro. Pictures were specifically loaded on this forum for its members to view. Maybe Brad could explain.

I have some picts here as well.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 03, 2005 05:10 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alejandro,

Some Forum members have been able to view the pictures only after they turned their firewall off.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Anthony Massaro
Junior

- posted February 09, 2005 06:25 PM      Profile for Anthony Massaro   Author's Homepage   Email Anthony Massaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi:
I've not posted in this forum for a very long time - as film can be really additctive [Wink] . Read about the Fumeo Xenon - do you know who was selling it and if it is still available. Was it Super 8 pr 16MM? - Anthony

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 09, 2005 07:46 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean Marc,
Looks like a fantastic event - certainly tempts me to make the trip from the UK. Do you subscribe to 'Film For The Collector'? If so, why not consider sending a report and 2 or 3 photos? I'm sure the Editor would be pleased to include something of this sort.
Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2005 12:45 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anthony,

Me again! You might try classic home cinema - they can be found on the links page of the BFCC at www.bfcc.biz

--------------------
Tony

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 10, 2005 03:21 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Read about the Fumeo Xenon - do you know who was selling it and if it is still available. Was it Super 8 pr 16MM?
The Fumeos were sold on the very first (merchant) day. Despite their high price, these don't last long at the convention. I remember seeing a 9119, and the xenon version was a 16mm (not a pedestal). As Tony said, Phil at CHC has sometimes Fumeos for sale. Check out his website or send him an email.

quote:
Do you subscribe to 'Film For The Collector'? If so, why not consider sending a report and 2 or 3 photos? I'm sure the Editor would be pleased to include something of this sort.
I haven't renewed my subscription for a couple of years. But, if the new editor of the magazine is interested, I can always send the pics and a few words.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC