8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ignoramus would like some help with telecine purchase

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ignoramus would like some help with telecine purchase
Aaron Campbell
Junior

- posted December 08, 2004 09:28 AM      Profile for Aaron Campbell   Email Aaron Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I have this problem. I don't know anything about 8mm, 16mm, or any other kind of film - I've never even seen a reel, a camera or a projector. This wouldn't be a problem, except that my employer wants to buy a telecine machine for the business, and it's fallen to me to do the actual research and purchasing.

I'm finding it rather difficult. There doesn't seem to be any publications that review these devices. I'm not even sure if they are still made. Probably not as eBay seems the only source of this kind of thing.

Anyway I need something that produces fairly professional results. I know I'm being vague here but what I mean basically is something good enough that you could run a small 8mm-to-DVD business off of it. I don't want to buy a dud. Also if these things work with various film types that would be good to know too.

So my quesion is, could someone please offer some advice on this purchase? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Ronnie Coeuhant
Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2004 09:38 AM      Profile for Ronnie Coeuhant   Email Ronnie Coeuhant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your best bet is the Moviestuff WorkPrinter units. Check them out here:

Moviestuff Web Page

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2004 01:59 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might also want to try asking on the 8mm film shooting forum; http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts/forum/viewforum.php?f=1 many of the people that shoot on 8 telecine as a matter of course.

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC