8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » In the Elmo site there is a trace of the super 8 projectors!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: In the Elmo site there is a trace of the super 8 projectors!!
Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2004 01:24 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Until one year ago, in the Elmo site there was not a mention of the "old" production of the factory. It was a very sad thing!
But now...
belt! click here!

Lamp: click here!

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 13, 2004 03:32 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats incredible. It looks like they have stocks of Lamps and belts again?

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2004 03:32 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But we want Elmo GS-1200 ESC lamps! Useless buggers haven't listed them. What say we start a hassle campaign to see if we can get them to re-manufacture a few?

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 13, 2004 03:45 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
John they were listed or at least they had 24v 200w against the GS1200 unless they are EJL's [Wink]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Bill Parsons
Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2004 04:07 PM      Profile for Bill Parsons   Email Bill Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John/Kevin
The part number they list (5L42400211) is the correct number in the manual for an ESC Lamp!

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2004 04:39 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So who can speak Japanese? Perhaps we should club together and make a bulk order [Big Grin]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2004 04:49 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Max lamp order? mmmhhh I need few lamps only...
For me enough 50... no! better 60! Well 100, and I'll be satisfied! [Big Grin]

About these informations in the site. I think this difference between on year ago and now means something...
I think this is an effect of many demands about spare parts (and, probably, for some GS1200 out of stock! [Wink] )
Do you think it's possible to obtain more from them?

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Ronnie Coeuhant
Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2004 10:00 PM      Profile for Ronnie Coeuhant   Email Ronnie Coeuhant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check the slogan under the Elmo logo.

"FOCUS ON THE FUTURE"

Isn't this ironic?

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2004 01:41 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take it back. Thanks for pointing it out Bill. Now we just have to find someone who can speak Japanese to arrange an order. Assuming they're not too expensive and they're genuine Elmo ESC's I can expect to be ordering a fair few.

The Elmo ESC was the brightest of all ESC lamps by a long way. I just hope they're the same as they always were - if indeed they are available.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 14, 2004 02:20 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my good friends did marry a sweet Japanese lady some months ago. I can ask her to have a look at the website for us. What is it exactly that we want, here?

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2004 03:27 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good lad Jean Marc. It's over to you then!

What I think we really need are the contact details for who deals with selling and dispatching 8mm spares. Also, we need to find out it they can read English or have someone translate for them.

I've already emailed the European Elmo site pointing them at the Japanese 8mm page and asking similar information but I doubt I'll get anything down that route - just thought it was worth a try.

--------------------

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2004 08:25 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they are english speacking.
I wrote them two years ago and they answered in english.

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2004 08:51 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trouble is, I can't translate the address to write to them!!!

I've been in contact with the European Elmo dealership, AVM Ltd. and they've investigated the listed part number for the GS-1200 on the Japanese site. Seems like it is an EJL lamp as they can get them from Germany for around £14. Postage would be an extra tenner so it seems a waste of time going down that route as a genuine Elmo ESC lamp would cost around £40 now.

So the pressure is on you Jean-Marc. I'd like to email the exact same query to the Japanese Elmo people and see if I can get anywhere there. If we can make them understand there are still tens of thousands of us (well, tens of us anyway!) still running their machines from the past there is always the remote possibility they will do something for us.

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 14, 2004 09:23 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knew my parents should have taught me Japanese.....

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 14, 2004 09:42 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John:
In that case, would please either email me or post here your "exact same query", so I can ask my friend to translate it. I'm seeing her on Monday. I guess this is more aimed at getting parts other than lamps because I really can't see the point of ordering lamps from Japan when our Japanese contacts import them from Germany. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Stuart Fyvie
Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2004 10:07 AM      Profile for Stuart Fyvie   Email Stuart Fyvie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can translate this page by using this web address
http://world.altavista.com/tr
cut and paste the web page:
http://www.elmo.co.jp/support/order/8mm_belt.html
select 'translate Japanese to English' and then hit translate.
Good luck with those elmo spares.

Stuart

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2004 02:06 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well that rather scuppers my plan then Jean-Marc. As my previous post stated, I believe the lamps available from Germany are not ESC's as they're too cheap. I may be wrong but I doubt it. For sure they're not Elmo ESC's and that's what we all want.

Stu, thanks for the translation site. I'll have a go when I get the chance and see if I can hassle someone over in Japan. It's worth a try. Enough pressure and they may instigate a run of lamps for us.

--------------------

Bill Parsons
Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2004 04:18 PM      Profile for Bill Parsons   Email Bill Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,
The only way the German lamps would be ESC is if they were old stock, Vivitar were selling the ESC lamps about this price just before they gave up the Elmo spares.

Bill.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 14, 2004 05:16 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
And it looks like they still make 16mm machines?

http://www.elmo.co.jp/product/filmvisual/index_2183.html

Maybe they have had a batch of the ESC lamps made by ushio or the like in Japan?

Kev.

--------------------

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2004 01:48 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill. It's a shame they wouldn't check the box for me. Perhaps I'll take a chance and order a couple.

--------------------

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2004 12:36 AM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

If you do order please keep us posted. If ELMO ESC lamps are available I'd be interested in ordering a half dozen.

John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 26, 2004 11:08 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lads: just so you know...

I have forwarded the links to my Japanese friend. She promised a very thorough report about what's on the website. Will keep you posted.

JM

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 26, 2004 07:16 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats great Jean, I'm sure it will make interesting reading.

Kev.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 04, 2005 06:04 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the latest news from Lady Sakiko:

There's no precision on the site that the lamp being offered for the GS1200 is the original ESC.

They do have a stock of various belts (main, feeder, take-up).

However, it seems that one could only order from Japan.

My friend sent an email inquiring about the lamp and possibilities of ordering from abroad. More as this develops.

JMT

-

--------------------

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2005 11:43 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work Jean Marc, keep us posted. It will be interesting to see how much Elmo still supply for their cine equipment and whether or not they are prepared to supply to the rest of the world.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC