8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New Films added to D'Arcy's Final Film List

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Films added to D'Arcy's Final Film List
D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2005 02:39 PM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a heads up fellas........posted my remaining features under the films for sale section on the forum. Have a gander and feel free to contact me if there is anything you're interested in. Hope all is well with everyone. D'Arcy

JUST ADDED SOME MORE TITLES AND LOWERED THE PRICE ON HUNCHBACK AS IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE $150.

[ April 28, 2005, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: D'Arcy More ]

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2005 05:06 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
D'Arcy

Sad day

Why so much to post to UK [Frown]

I would buy loads but I have never paid so much for USPS style delivery

--------------------
Tony

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2005 07:55 PM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony I know it sounds outrageous but that's what it is. It's crazy for sure. check out www.canadapost.ca and you'll see for yourself Canada has one of the highest shipping rates in the world. It costs more for me to send a VHS video to B.C. than it does to send it to the tip of Key West Florida. I sent 2 features to a chap in the UK which were 4 X 800 bonums and the airmail shipping was $80 Canadian. I sent 2 X 600 to France and it was $55 Canadian. Oh and in regards to Customs.........I ALWAYS put a low low value on the label cuz Canada Customs also belong to the Money Grabbing Club of Customs Agents. Tore a strip off of them one time and cursed at the agent until she hung up on me. Amazing the nerve you can get with a couple of drinks in ya.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2005 01:44 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
D'Arcy,

Sorry, I thought you were quoting US Dollars. If you are talking Canadian Dollars then Can$80 works out at circa £36. Can you confirm?

Are your film prices in Can $ or US $?

Thanks

--------------------
Tony

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2005 07:11 AM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film Prices are in US dollars. The shipping is in Canadian Dollars. So to ship a 2 X 800 overseas would be $64 US using a 20% exchange rate. So to have one 2 X 800 foot feature sent overseas it will be $114 US dollars including price of feature and shipping. Sorry for the confusion.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2005 10:21 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - that's pretty expensive...

To ship a super 8 feature from the US to the UK is between $30-$40. (And to ship to Germany is more like $25-$35). A full 3-reel 16mm feature can go from the US to the UK for $65. I wonder why it's so much more to ship from Canada....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC