8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Harrison Marks/Jane on a Train

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Harrison Marks/Jane on a Train
Hayley Manning
Junior

- posted May 04, 2005 07:32 AM      Profile for Hayley Manning   Author's Homepage   Email Hayley Manning       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know if Harrsion Marks was the director of an 8mm short entitled 'Jane on a Train'. Or if not who the director was? Any interesting knowledge/info about this film? thanks

|  IP: Logged

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2005 07:44 AM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take it that starred the lovely Miss Jane Palmer. About 3 years ago I contacted a chap in Toronto who used to advertised in the Big Reel. His name in the Big Reel was "Trader Mickey" and he always had the inside front pages of the publication. Some of you may remember him. Well he was up there in age and in his last couple of years of life. His basement reminded you of your local film library.......8mm and 16mm films everywhere! On a cart were a couple of 50's girly films. I enquired about them and he asked if I'd be interested in some of them. I said yes and out he came with this metal box (reminded me of Davy's Jones locker!) and it was CRAMMED FULL of Harrison Marks films in their original boxes. I paid him $3 each and it came to $500. I never did have that title Jane on A Train. But boy it sure was fun reviewing those films when girls back then were "All Natural". D'Arcy [Wink]

Hayley Manning
Junior

- posted May 04, 2005 08:23 AM      Profile for Hayley Manning   Author's Homepage   Email Hayley Manning       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure if it does have June Palmer in - my collegue did not think it was her. Do you know if it is her or if Harrison Marks was the director? Have you heard of the film before? [Smile]

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2005 09:42 AM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooops my mistake on the June/Jane. I recently sold several girly mags on Ebay from the 60's that featured her and she is a bit of a chamelion as sometimes I can recognize her and other times I can't. I can't recall if Harrison Marks strictly started with his own company and stuck with that or worked for someone else before going out on his own. Seems to me if Harrison Marks name was on any of the films......he was behind the camera. Can't help you on the Jane on a Train......sorry. [Confused]

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2005 09:43 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hayley, welcome to the forum. It's nice to have a fellow Geordie onboard. Do you collect Harrison Marks films?

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Hayley Manning
Junior

- posted May 05, 2005 05:04 AM      Profile for Hayley Manning   Author's Homepage   Email Hayley Manning       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your input D'Arcy More and thanks for welcoming me Craig. My collegue picked up a few 8mm films from Tyneside market - one of them being Jane on A Train. From the few people we have spoken a lot of people seem to remeber it or know something about it. We very intrigued by the piece and trying to find out who directed it and who played 'Jane'.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC