8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Processing of New Super 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Processing of New Super 8
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2005 02:57 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that Kodak are going to appoint a lab to process (E6) the new Super 8 stock, due out August. Anyone heard anything? Lets hope the prices are reasonable and turnaround quick, though its not at all bad at the moment.

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Kent Jusick
Junior

- posted June 19, 2005 06:18 PM      Profile for Stephen Kent Jusick   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't heard that Kodak would "appoint" a lab to process the new Ektachrome 64, but since it's an E-6 process, any number of labs could do it easily. I expect Pac Lab and A-1 in NYC to do it,but I have not confirmed that with them. Anyone who has been running the VNF process for the Ektachrome 125 should be able to convert to E6, so I hope there are many options. I expect it to be around $10 a roll.

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2005 02:55 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet that the combined price of the new Kodak super8 stock with processing will be about double what we pay for K40 NOW.
Just a hunch.

David R.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC