8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » On S-8mm editors' screens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On S-8mm editors' screens
Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2005 06:58 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to all members of the Forum;
I've been watcing the discussions for several months before I finally decided to join .I'm sure I'll find it both interesting and amusing!
My first query's on editors;I recently bought a Bolex DUO 180 which doesn't have a framer;was considering buying a new one,but its screen's size (15*11 cm almost) puts me off. Can anyone tell me if there are sound editors (Goko,Elmo etc)with larger screen size?
Thanks in advance!

--------------------
Yannis

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 10, 2005 07:51 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis, Welcome to the forum. You should find it a friendly place to share info etc with others.

Your Editor question: Not having my editor in front of me I cant give you measurements but I'm sure the screen on my Goko RM8008 is bigger than the dimensions you have quoted.
It wold be worth keeping an eye on ebay for editors and ask the sellers for the screen dimensions.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2005 08:04 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A problem is that editors don't sell well on ebay. So many people have stopped putting them on. Anyway, that screen size is larger than the one I normally use.

A good local glass supplier will usually be able to cut you a screen to order.

--------------------
Tim

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2005 11:57 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a though. I use a Chinon DS-300 for editing sound. This is the one that looks like a TV. There are several rear-projection models, the Agfa Family, for example.

--------------------
Tim

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2005 07:08 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the answers; having arrived in Athens on Sunday-right
on time to catch the news on the horror of the air crash haunting
Greece,decided to switch on to something more amusing,still on the same topic:had an info that the Elmo 912 series have the biggest screen size ever made in S-8.Therefore,just a sound unit attachment to a 912 would solve both problems of screen size and sound playback. Can anyone confirm this?

--------------------
Yannis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC