8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST 1200 lens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST 1200 lens
Stephen Kent Jusick
Junior

- posted September 16, 2005 04:14 PM      Profile for Stephen Kent Jusick   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
The lens on one of my Elmo ST 1200s literally fell apart the other night. So I was wondering what zoom lens might make a good replacement. I've never had to replace a lens for the ST 1200 before so I'm open to hearing what would be good and why.

Thanks!

SKJ

|  IP: Logged

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2005 04:36 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stephen,

I've got an f1.3 genuine Elmo Zoom lens (I think 12.5 - 25mm but I'm not certain) available for sale...

Not sure what a fair price would be -- how about $35.

email me at sts (at) sigel (dot) net if you are intersted...

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2005 05:58 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stephen, although the 1.3 Elmo lense is the standard that is supplied with most of these machines; what you should really try to get is an Elmo(or other make that will fit)1.1 zoom lense. These are a lot more expensive but well worth it! A lot BRIGHTER picture and with better focus. If you use a 1.1, you'll NEVER want to use a 1.3 again! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 16, 2005 06:13 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'm missing something, but how can a 1.1 lens have "better focus" [Confused] unless you mean to say that it will render a sharper picture simply because the glass elements are of a higher quality. Is that what you're saying?

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2005 09:11 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my humble opinion...yes. Maybe i'm better able to attain a sharper focus with the 1.1 simply BECAUSE of the brighter picture??? I do wear bi-focals, Darth [Wink] . Aside from the focus aspect(my opinion)... that I may have so foolishly mentioned; the Elmo 1.1 beats the hell out of the standard 1.3 in producing a BRIGHTER picture.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 16, 2005 10:39 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that one I can't argue with. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC