8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Speaking of new releases......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Speaking of new releases......
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2005 02:59 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of new releases, I just received a copy of Derann's recent scope trailer reel- "Revenge of the Sith", with the bonus Coca-Cola ad. The quality BLEW me away! It looks like its from a good negative. There was a hair-thin white line in a small portion of the trailer, but in no way takes away from the great quality of this. The Cola short is slightly masked on the sides, but still wide enough for scope. And very excellent too, I might add. The sound is great too.

And speaking of Coca-Cola cinema ads, here in the U.S., I saw a nice one recently at my local cinema. Its the one where people are roller skating around and drinking Coke, and some music is playing. It kind of captures the essense of summer nights outside. This would be neat to have on super 8.

Nick.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 17, 2005 07:31 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the tip James, might have to order a copy of that for myself.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2005 02:59 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

If your quick I have 2 brand new copies of "The Revenge Of The Sith" trailer on my lists right now, priced at £11 Each, plus there's a 20% discount on ALL OLD STOCK ITEMS (These are now). By The Way if you fancied a copy of "Phantom Of The Opera" Trailer or Derann's NEW triple trailer reel (Blade Trinity, White Noise etc.) then contact me first, as I have a couple of those too for sale, cheaper than Derann!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 18, 2005 06:19 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Barry you have a private message [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2005 10:50 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

Your films' in the post

Barry.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 20, 2005 04:20 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks Barry. Great chat on the phone yesterday. Catch up at the BFCC no doubt.

Kev.

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 20, 2005 06:04 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone has bought this and doesn't collect ads, please let me know, as I like the ad but I'm not a Star Wars fan! I'll happily give you some of your money back.

Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2007 02:00 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am really into getting a sith trailer but I have the doubt, what trailer is it?, teaser or the trailer.

The teaser trailer that begins with scenes from the trilogy with luke on the farm from ANH, obiwan from ANH and qui gon gin from episode 1 and ends with the line "lord vader, Yes master, rise" , rising darth vader

The other trailer with scenes from the film. (hope its the teaser trailer which is much cooler).

cheers
pablo.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 22, 2007 05:46 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This posts links to the popeye on actually, but speaking of new releases, I would die to see Derann or CHC get ahold of the restored Popeye shorts "Sinbad" and "Ali baba" and release prints of these.

Since these already have a fan base, I'm sure that these would be a great release, as it's only a 400ft. reel or each. I would just hope that they could release them with the full credits from beginning and end.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 23, 2007 01:27 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pablo: it's the teaser.

And I've rerecorded it in stereo from an HD Quicktime film found on the Net. Works great.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC