8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » all quiet on the 8mm front

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: all quiet on the 8mm front
Scott G. Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2006 12:22 PM      Profile for Scott G. Bruce   Email Scott G. Bruce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems pretty quiet around here these days, which means (I hope) that everyone is curled up beside their gently humming projectors whiling away the short winter days (southern hemisphere folks excepted) watching what Elwy Yost used to call "magic shadows" -- a corny phrase, I know, but I was of an impressionable age when I heard it.

So what did you project this weekend?

Curiously yours,
SGB

--------------------
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2006 12:54 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scott

I was thinking the same thing though you were spot on. 4.30 pm GMT I was curled up in front of the projector watching Lady and The Tramp with my youngest daughter who requested it. I had quite forgotten what a great film this is and in Scope it looked superb. Pin sharp Derann print with great colour and all filmed from a dog's point of view. Really enjoyed it and remembered that the last time I viewed it I made a mental note to re-do the bad splicing that the previous owner had made a right hash of. So this time I am going to leave the film out readt to be done!

So, now my daughter has donned her dalmation outfit bought for Christmas and is playing fetch while I type this. No doubt Trevor Adams can advise treatment!?

Ah well, back to the TV tonight I suppose

--------------------
Tony

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2006 02:16 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the Super 8 'Scope "Return of the Jedi" on Saturday (which I've had from new) and a 35mm title last night.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 30, 2006 03:52 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just spent the weekend at our annual convention near Paris ("Cinglés du Cinéma"), selling loads of stuff. We had a three days, non-stop, cut-down screening extravanganza at our table, projecting anything, from old Felix the Cat 50 footers to single reels from full length features (photos coming soon...)

[Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2006 04:53 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched yesterday again (the second screening) my last purchase, the musical number "Broadway Melody Ballet" from Singin in the rain. I paid over $150 for this 12 minutes but it is great 16mm IB Tech. Print.
I wish I get one day the full feature in 16mm Technicolor. Yes my last Super 8 screening was a Castle short "Demolition Derby" (silent) few days ago. I bought it because I love the artwork of the castle films. I was curious what this is, so I watched it. My problem is I have only the normal GS 1200 for Super 8, for 16mm I have a 16CL Xenon and I love Xenon light. If I find one day a GS1200 Xenon I will watch more Super 8.
regards
Oemer

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2006 12:45 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys!

The other night, after a stressful week, I threaded up some good old black and white stuff- "Teacher's Pet" (Blackhawk-Little Rascals), and some recent CHC b/w cartoons and trailers. I don't know what it is, but there's something about running those old black and whites on the big screen (with a nice cup of coffee or hot chocolate) that calms me down after a rough week.

Also, my wife's been bugging me to put together and organize a program of our old Kodachrome home movies, so I'll be busy with that I guess.

Nick.

Martyn Bennett
Junior

- posted January 31, 2006 02:55 PM      Profile for Martyn Bennett   Email Martyn Bennett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had some visitors around to visit the new Redditch Regal, i put on an 800 foot reel i have made up,
1 Tom & Jerry
2 Look at Life
3 Ads
4 Trailers Saturday night fever, Mighty Joe Young, Charlie and the chocolate factory.
5 UCI happy holidays
6 National anthem.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC