8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Wich Eumig is this??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wich Eumig is this??
Knut Nordahl
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2006 05:47 AM      Profile for Knut Nordahl   Email Knut Nordahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From a local advertisment:

"Eumig Mark S. Optical and sound"

I need to check the Lossau bible when I get home, but just how many mark s models are there?
And what do you think "Optical and sound" really means?

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 24, 2006 06:20 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the model that looks like the other machines from the 800 series but with both magnetic and optical sound capability. I guess your seller doesn't really know the difference.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Knut Nordahl
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2006 08:08 AM      Profile for Knut Nordahl   Email Knut Nordahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for you r reply.
Just heard from the seller and got a picture. It looks like the 810 as you said, and has got optical as wel as magnetical.
Seller said they could not get it going. Price about 150 USD.
I do not know this model, but am very pleased with my other eumigs. Is this one worth it?

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 24, 2006 08:29 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apart from the Elmo GS, Eumig 800 series are probably my favorite super 8 projectors... [Wink]
The optical version is quite rare, what kind of TLC does it need? If it's simply a good clean up and lube, and, if you really need an optical machine, go for it.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2006 01:36 PM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OT, but: I made an adaptor for my 800s that uprates them to take an EJM lamp. At a recent show, some one came up aftrwards and said 'I've never seen Standard 8 on a 6 ft screen before. Isn't it good!'

--------------------
Tim

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2006 03:44 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a mint eumig marks/o....looks just like the 810....and it really does a good job. I bought it new back in the 80's..one of the last super 8 clearances from Willougby or one of the new york camera places.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2006 12:04 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,
You had written:

quote:
OT, but: I made an adaptor for my 800s that uprates them to take an EJM lamp. '
Can you please explain this quote? Does it indicate that you modified the projector?

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2006 02:53 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Yes. The adaptor comprises a spacer ring: the EJM lamp is 1 1/2" focus, the EFP is 1 1/4"; and a pai of transformers that provide the extra 9 V to bring the voltage up to 21 V. These last are housed in a 2" high metal box on which the transformers stand. Since there is space in the box, it also houses mains outlets for two projectors and sound and lamp switch-over circuitry.

The projector internal lamp connections are tapped into to insert the additional 9 V feed, but can be readily returned to 12 V.

--------------------
Tim

Knut Nordahl
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2006 04:19 AM      Profile for Knut Nordahl   Email Knut Nordahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Decided not to go for it and wait for a Eumig 93*-something to pop up instead. Now, back to the Olympics!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC