8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ghidrah Feature

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ghidrah Feature
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2006 06:33 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if anyone had any information on the GHIDRAH -THREE HEADED MONSTER feature release. Was this something Ken put out in the final days? Also, if anyone has it how is the quality? Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 28, 2006 10:03 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

"Ghidrah" was released as a full length flat feature by Red Fox Films. I have a print and the quality is fair. It's on the grainy side but the colors (never vibrant) have held up pretty well. I understand that Derann released a few prints after they acquired the Red Fox negatives. I think it was Adrian who had a copy....

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2006 04:57 AM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug do you know, which other negatives did Derann acquire from Red Fox? I think of North by Northwest maybe, but I'm not sure.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 29, 2006 10:31 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dimitrios,

Great question! I'm not sure about "North by Northwest" (that might be Ken Films) but according to Phil Johnson's site, some of the negs that Derann took ownership of include "The Adventures of Robin Hood", "The Bandwagon", "The Barkleys of Broadway", and "Singin' in the Rain". I'm sure there are quite a few others.
Phil's great website is at
http://8mm16mmfilmscollectibles.com/super8mm1.htm

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2006 10:44 AM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks alot!!!! [Smile]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 29, 2006 12:04 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Doug's correct, I do have a Derann print of this. I've only run it once or twice and the last time was many years ago, but I think the quality is reasonably good, albeit not up to the standard of most modern Derann releases. I've just checked the stock, which is LPP.

I might sell it after I've screened it again, although as I bought it new - and it's quite rare - I think I'd be asking at least £90 + post for it.

Brian - if you would be interested, I'd be happy to give you the first option if I decide to sell.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Scott G. Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2006 03:02 PM      Profile for Scott G. Bruce   Email Scott G. Bruce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be interested as well, Adrian, as I admit that I am rather fond of three-headed lightning spewing space monsters as a general rule.

SGB

--------------------
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2006 03:36 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian - Thanks for the offer. I have a print available to me here in the US for only about $75 so I think I'm going to go with that one. It's not on the top of my want list but since it's a good price I thought I'd pick it up.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 29, 2006 05:42 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian - If it's a good print in good condition, that's certainly a bargain!

Scott - Fine, I'll let you know if I sell it. No obligation, of course.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC