8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS800 sound mod ???????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS800 sound mod ???????
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 01, 2006 07:27 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I just wondered if someone could please lay out in print just what a chap has to do to mod the GS80 to stop the clacking.
Great machines apart from that.
Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 01, 2006 11:07 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Its normally caused by static build up round the metal rollers after the last sprocket up to the film spool. You normally have to try to earth the roller fixing screws by what ever means takes your fancy.
I could never work out why this should be such a problem with the GS800 and not with other machines although I have heard static discharges on the ST1200 with the rubber covered capstan.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2006 11:33 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 800 was the same and i just earthed the roller on take up and wallah!! I would say that my 800 was the quietest projector i have ever owned.

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 02, 2006 07:21 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi thanks, I`ll give it a go, must admit they are nice but why oh why not put the A,132 in at least.
Best mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC