8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Derann is asking...What would you like to see in 8mm? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Author Topic: Derann is asking...What would you like to see in 8mm?
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 09, 2006 07:55 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ralf & Uwe - I think 'Brides OF Dracula' would be an excellent Hammer release; I'm sure many would consider it the best Hammer film to have not been released in any form on 8. I probably overlooked it as I have a decent 16mm print. 'The Devil Rides Out' came to mind because some of the 4 x 400' prints are very good, and if Derann still had the edits from the master and could restore it to full length, that would make a very desirable release.

Michael - You might be joking about what a 'Rocky Horror' audience would do, but when I screened my (sadly faded) 16mm print of this in my home, there was no bad behaviour and I was the only person with a water pistol!
Jan - It's true that it's a cult audience, but I'd say it's a cult on a scale like no other, that goes far beyond a clique. The stage show still tours almost constantly, at least in the UK. We now have 3 'pre-orders' here for RHPS so far, so maybe it's only second to Wallace and Grommit.

[ June 09, 2006, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2006 09:40 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about Wo hu cang long (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)?

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2006 11:31 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Put me down for any extra extracts from Gladiator, cracking film and as we have seen, real top quality super 8 prints.
Like the Matrix releases but would have prefured the fist Matrix film. As for Hammer Horror they are the right sort of length 4 x 400ft for S8. I have a very dupy looking print of 'Countess Dracula' which has been popular wth my audience, but who could resist Ingrid Pit. Wallice & Gromit in the Curse of the Were Rabit seems to be one of the more practical propositions, but was it a scope release? Not being scope must have limited the sales of Spiderman which was another cracking film.

Chester Brooks
Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2006 12:18 PM      Profile for Chester Brooks   Email Chester Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would go for Hammer movies like Brides of Dracula or Devil Rides Out.

Rocky Horror sounds fun too. It has quite a cult following

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2006 05:10 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I know there's number of titles that absolutely MUST come out on super-8 that I always think of... except I just can't come up with their names right here, right now. Bugger, that human memory thing.

Jan, I feel the same way too. My mind is blocked as well.

Robert: I did not know that The Godfather was masked.
thanks for the info.

John, thanks for the heads up on Rocky .

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 09, 2006 05:21 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose asking a British firm for a feature length print of 1776 would be a bit.... cheeky?

All politics aside, it is a great movie!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2006 05:46 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to throw in my vote for more HAMMER FILMS titles. I would go for any titles really but here are a few must-haves:

BRIDES OF DRACULA
DRACULA AD 72
FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN
THE GORGON
COUNTESS DRACULA
VAMPIRE LOVERS
LUST FOR A VAMPIRE

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2006 03:00 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile]
Hello Brian,

good to see, that many collectors like the hammerfilms. There are nice titels on your list. For example Lust for a vampire is a good choise. I have the very good edited four parter (4x400 ft) in my collection. But if there will be a full length version I will change it.

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2006 03:23 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
i thought i was pushing it re the omen feature.what a great idea re
hammers BRIDES OF DRACULA and DRACULA A.D 1972.
i would also like to see CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF(1961)from hammer films.cheers andy.

Chester Brooks
Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2006 03:28 AM      Profile for Chester Brooks   Email Chester Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All

Yes all those Hammer movies I would be interested in and they are quite short running times so they should be quite reasonable. I have a number of the Hammer Derann released and it would be great to have them

Chester

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 10, 2006 09:04 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
* very freaky double post *

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 10, 2006 09:05 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can we say "STOP! Hammer time!" [Roll Eyes]

Anyway, I hereby propose that we change the title of this topic to something like...

What, other than W&G, would you like to see released by Derann?

[Razz]

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 10, 2006 03:57 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the views here have probably given Derann quite a good idea of peoples wants. Yes W&G is probably right at the top along with Rocky Horror.

I suppose it all comes down to what Deal can be done and what origination is available etc etc.

At least Adrian can see how positive collectors are still and the sort of titles people want to collect.

Over to you Adrian and the other guys at Derann.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Chester Brooks
Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2006 04:47 PM      Profile for Chester Brooks   Email Chester Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan

There seems to be enough interest in releasing a Hammer amongst collectors.

But just so I wont mention Hammer what about all those great American Internatinal Horrors

Tomb Of Ligeia
Witchfinder General
Pit & The Pendulum
Tales of Terror ideal as each story is half a hour and self contained.

Maybe Adrain and his team could release two features to make everyone happy

[Wink]

Chester

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 10, 2006 07:37 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chester,

afraid I have to profess ignorance as to those American horror titles you've listed - perhaps that's because I'm a German native and have only lived in the States for a decade... many a classic film of American origin around that I have not yet seen. [Eek!]

That said, I'm fairly certain that full-length super-8 prints of Witchfinder General and Pit and the Pendulum already exist. Could swear I'd seen them on eBay before.

So, Adrian, how are you getting on with obtaining the negative for Wallace & Gromit [Wink]

--------------------

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2006 08:02 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a correction on those horror releases...

WITCHFINDER GENERAL was only released heavily edited by Walton on 4 X400' so a full length print would be fantastic.

PIT AND THE PENDULUM with Vincent Price was never relased on super 8 to my knowledge. The PIT AND PENDULUM you are seeing is actually a Chris Lee German film called THE BLOOD DEMON which was released by Mountain Films. It's actually quite good though.

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2006 08:50 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A vincent Price AIP film would be AMAZING indeed. i was told When MASQUE of the RED DEATH was released on super 8, that Deraan did have a negative for another V.P. Release...of a british AIP film.....the other being TOMB OF LIGEIA. Too bad it never materialized..would be amazing! In scope of course.

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2006 02:49 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tomb Of Ligeia
Witchfinder General
Pit & The Pendulum
Tales of Terror

hmm??? na ja .. [Roll Eyes]

I would prefer italian horror and explotation movies more.

Films from Joe D'Amato, Umberto Lenzi, Lucio Fulci,
Ruggero Deodato and Dario Argento.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 11, 2006 11:44 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if we're gonna go Italian, how about a Bruno Bozzetto feature? That man is a genius when it comes to cartoon animation... and he made a wonderful feature film called Vip, mio fratello superuomo (VIP - My superman brother). Gawd, if I could have that on super-8... I'd be in heaven...!

--------------------

Adrian Simmonds
Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2006 04:26 PM      Profile for Adrian Simmonds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone.

Just to comment about the Hammer horrors.

'Scars of Dracula', still rates as our most successful 8mm release EVER.
It was one of Dads favourite Hammer films.

Thanks for the massive response. I have started with some enquiries, but if anybody knows of anyone with a good collection of 35mm films ..... please let me know.

Kind regards

Adrian

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2006 04:36 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chester,

two episodes from "Tales of Terror" were already released in the 1980's - I think by Perry's Movies: "The Black Cat" and "Morella".

Jan,

I have seen at least two 16mm prints of "Vip, mio fratello superuomo" (in German language of course) on eBay Germany over the years. As your Eiki seems to be hungry for more film, and you speak German, this should be an option for you - shouldn't it?

Eberhard

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2006 05:14 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to all

For a short film.........on super 8.......

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Video/2004/11/Lupo_the_Butcher.mov

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 11, 2006 05:15 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
cant view it via that link without a password Chip [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 11, 2006 05:29 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip, you're more than welcome to shoot that Quicktime movie off your computer screen with some color negative stock, then providing us with positive prints [Roll Eyes]

Eberhard, wow, I didn't know 16mm prints of VIP existed. Yeah, the German dub is how I know the film back from when I caught it on TV (and taped it). Sure, if I come across it on eBay.de then I might not mind buying it... although to be honest I still prefer collecting films in English, otherwise I'm the only one who can enjoy them! (My wife doesn't speak German!)

--------------------

Chester Brooks
Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2006 05:38 PM      Profile for Chester Brooks   Email Chester Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Eberhard

What are those prints of Tales of Terrror like.

I have seen 16mm prints but not 8mm

Chester

All times are Central
This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC