8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Derann is asking...What would you like to see in 8mm? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Author Topic: Derann is asking...What would you like to see in 8mm?
Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2006 10:54 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chester,
I have both "Morella" and The Black Cat" in my collection. They were released by a Dutch Super 8 distributor with English sound and Dutch subtitles. They were both originally sold as separate 2x400ft versions. I have never seen the third sequence from "Tales of Terror" (Valdemar)sold anywhere and to my knowledge these were the only versions ever released on Super 8. They are pan and scan prints and the color is still very good. The subtitles are not so intrusive and Vincent Price's introductory narratives to both tales are intact. They do show up from time to time and are well worth getting if, like me you are a Vincent Price fan.
Best wishes,
Paul.

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2006 07:35 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Derann is interested in a short of "Baraka" I have just remembered I do have a copy of the 35mm flat trailer. Adrian please let me know.

Lupo the Butcher is on the internet somewhere. Try googling it. Sorry if that link was not right or you could not get in. It was made by Danny Anntonucci who also worked with Marv Newland, who brought us Bambi Meets Godzilla. i.e. National Film Board of Canada. Lupo was showcased in circuit through the Mike and Spike Sick and Twisted animated festival.

CG

Chester Brooks
Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2006 03:00 PM      Profile for Chester Brooks   Email Chester Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chip

What is Baraka about [Confused]

Chester

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2006 03:22 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All!

For sure I would like to see very good prints of my favourite thriller movies from Dario Argento:

DEEP RED (Profondo Rosso)
SUSPIRIA
TENEBRE
PHENOMENA
FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET (Quanttro mosche di velluto grigio)
THE CAT O NINE TAILS (Il gatto a nove code)
BIRD WITH CRYSTAL PLUMAGE (L'uccello dalle pimue di cristallo)

Obviously in SCOPE !!!

And finally, with the great Pedro's sync, I will re-record in Italian!

What a nice thing... dreaming! [Wink]

Bye
Flavio

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 13, 2006 07:30 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chester,

earlier in this thread I posted a link to the Baraka website. Lots of info and lots of stills from the film. Rent the DVD if you can [Wink]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2006 04:23 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
i would like to see disneys hercules too.andy.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2006 04:30 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Derann put Hercules out as part of the Disney deal? I thought they did but as I have absolutely no interest in this title wouldn't have taken any notice so I may be wrong.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2006 05:10 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about the cult-classic short-

"HARDWARE WARS"

This was a great parody of the original Star Wars, and is about 15 minutes long.

Nick.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2006 05:18 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

Correct me here, but I believe that
Hercules was a part of that
very nice Disney deal, and by
1999-2000, the Disney 8mm features
ended at Derann

I wish that Disney's The Santa Clause
would have also been offered during
that time period.

I wonder how Derann polls
the collectors that do not
post thier interest on this forum?

I also collect 16mm to supplement
the wonderful assortment available in 8mm.

With the recent high quality of releases in Super 8,
it is amazing that the labs are capable to
achieve startling quality out of such a small
frame of film. [Smile]

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 16, 2006 01:09 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I think we also have the film manufacturers to thank for the high quality with the imporvements in film technology especially where film grain is concerned [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2006 11:04 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
well kevin,did derann every release disneys hercules?.andy.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2006 11:58 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,let's get back to some basics-in another thread of the Forum Michael de Angelis wrote that there are two L&H's(Why Girls love sailors and Duck Soup)that were never released on 8mm.Why not try them? I don't know how hard it is to find them now, but is there any interest from fellow collectors on those titles or is it just me here dreaming?

--------------------
Yannis

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2006 11:58 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, no "Hercules".

The lastest Disney's were "A Bug's Life" in 'scope and then "Fantasia 2000" which I personally think is underated and apparently suprised Derann with very good sales when it was released.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2006 04:40 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob,

Are you certain, that Hercules
was not released by Derann? [Confused]

I dunno, I believed that it was.
Perhaps I'm confusing it with another
title.

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Chester Brooks
Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2006 05:43 PM      Profile for Chester Brooks   Email Chester Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Yanis

I think Laurel & Hardy fans are still looking for Duck Soup.

Would be a good idea tosee some of the boys films issued

Chester

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2006 11:02 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duck Soup had been released
somewhat recently on VHS and DVD.

I have a VHS tape on this title, recorded in NTSC.

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2006 03:04 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
how about FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL from hammer.
derann did release it on 16mm,years ago.andy.

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2006 05:40 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ONLY if it's the UNCUT version, though. The UN-edited version has a scene of Peter Cushing using his teeth to pull stitches when sewing up the monster and also footage of what the creature looked like after the inmates maul it. The DVD release from Paramount boasts an 'R' reating, but be warned - it's the sanitized tv version that they utilized. The VHS is also the edited version. The UNCUT version was released on Laserdisc years ago, but nobody uses these anymore.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 23, 2006 08:31 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL would be a great idea, particularly if Derann had access to the master used for the 16mm print, which they were responsible for. I'd love to know where that print is, and I recall hearing from a reliable source that there was only one made. I actually saw it at a Hammer convention in the early 1980s and I'm sure it was the uncut British version. I expect a uncut Super 8 version would attract extra interest and sell more as a result.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 24, 2006 01:44 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of waiting to hear which one Derann is actually going for this time around. [Smile]

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 04, 2006 02:50 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Time to revive this topic!

Have just watched Cinema Paradiso... it is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful movie.

And I hereby vote for it to be released on super-8.

[Cool]

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2006 05:49 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian ... NUOVO CINEMA PARADISO (italian title) ... my favourite movie... that's a great idea in Super 8!
Did you see the long or the short version ?

Flavio

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 04, 2006 07:48 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeesh, that's a good question. I think I saw the 155-minute version (according to IMDB there is also a 123-minute "international version" and a 170-minute director's cut). I should add that what I saw had original Italian (Sicilian?) dialogue and English subtitles.

But man... this film on super-8... talk about a no-brainer!! Right? [Cool]

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2006 07:49 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, Flavio, someonegot in this Forum first with this idea: have a look at my reply to Mike's thread on'Mykonos out door cinema pictures' of yesterday [Big Grin]
...Definitely up for Cinema Paradiso on S-8!

PS By the way Flavio, congrats for Italy tonight:Felicitazioni! [Smile]

--------------------
Yannis

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 04, 2006 08:01 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dunno how I missed that, Yanis [Eek!] I remember the thread, it's what prompted me to watch my copy of Cinema in the first place. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC