8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Derann is asking...What would you like to see in 8mm? (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Author Topic: Derann is asking...What would you like to see in 8mm?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 04, 2006 10:39 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

While I don't think I will afford to buy a new release but one of my want list is "Saving Private Ryan". If full feature is impossible then the first reel (D-Day scene) is OK too.

What do you think?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 04, 2006 10:48 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw "Cars" yesterday.

The feature was really spectacular and would be great, but how about the Pixar short "One Man Band" that preceded it?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2006 12:00 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saving Private Ryan : D-Day Scene is a good choice.

I just saw Cars, and it was splendid.
If our UK cousins request: Wallace and Grommit,
then I'm up for Cars .

The story and paint finish on this CGI
cartoon, is beyond belief.

The 'Hammer' stuff for the Halloween buffs.

I'm also up for any film that has a holiday
flare to be exhibited around the end of the year.
The Santa Clause,
otherwise
The Godfather or
Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 05, 2006 04:59 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] "CARS" topic

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2006 11:58 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cars is a teriffic choice,
and as J-MT added,
the end credits
has that 'truckload'
of 'in' jokes that make
it so much fun to 'boot'.

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 05, 2006 02:35 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AAAARGH!!!

We got up and left when the credits rolled! When will I learn: You NEVER leave a Pixar film before the credits are over!!

--------------------

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2006 06:06 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trailer to Saving Private Ryan has got to be one of the sharpest trailers I have. I would welcome an extract of the landings similar to the Gladiator opening battle, but not the full feature. No takers on reel one to Master and Commander on it's own?

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 07, 2006 03:40 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
AAAARGH!!!

We got up and left when the credits rolled!

You may skip the credits on "Superman Returns" and "Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man Chest" (but don't reveal the ending to others!!!)
Stay during the ending of "Monster House" as they have nice additional shots while the credits roll.

You've been warned.
[Wink]

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2006 11:20 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JMT,

We caught Pirates of the Caribbean Pt.2,
and although the end credits were long
there was a cute brief scene after all of the
credits which I believed was worth while.

I hope that Adrian is taking notes
because this film is a winner, either
as extracts or the complete feature.

It proves also, that Disney's 20,000 Leagues
would have been a very good release as
a classic full length scope feature too.

Michael

[ July 24, 2006, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Michael De Angelis ]

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2006 07:47 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 2 would be fantastic (and in scope too!).

Also does anyone remember a post sometime ago regarding a full length release of CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON in anaglyphic 3-D ? I remember the post said if enough people were interested it may go ahead! Anyone remember this or have info as this would be a great release full length and something that isn't officially available on DVD... how cool would that be [Wink]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 17, 2006 07:56 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, there's a new Scrat (the sabertooth squirrel from Ice Age) short. It's about time travel and needless to say it's absolutely hilarious. That would be a great release.

--------------------

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2006 08:06 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
well i've decided what i want!.the answer is ANYTHING so long
as its in super8;if possible scope.andy.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2006 11:22 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky:
Creature from the Black Lagoon -3D good pick! [Smile]

JMT:
Yeah, the Scrat-Time travel short:
'No Time for Nuts,' from the DVD is
an excellent choice and
inexpensive than a feature release too. [Smile]

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2006 08:46 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is 163 replies to a posting on this site some sort of record? [Big Grin]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 18, 2006 11:03 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note also how Derann hasn't replied in this thread for quite a while now... I think we've overwhelmed them [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2006 11:57 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Adrian & all

Could you please gives some consideration to releasing the 4 Miss Marple films on super 8, or at least a condensed version of them.

I think they may have been black & white films and I would presume that it would be cheaper to produce a b/w film than a color film?

These are classic films (especially for Rutherford's performances) and it would be great in a collection.

Regards Peter

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2006 11:58 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Adrian & all

Could you please gives some consideration to releasing the 4 Miss Marple films on super 8, or at least a condensed version of them.

I think they may have been black & white films and I would presume that it would be cheaper to produce a b/w film than a color film?

These are classic films (especially for Rutherford's performances) and it would be great in a collection.

Regards Peter

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2006 11:02 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Christmas Film
The Polar Express

Hop aboard The Polar Express. [Smile]

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2006 11:15 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that this is only a joke now... [Razz]

Let's be honest... we would like to see anything printed in Super 8!

F.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 24, 2006 11:34 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a way the Polar Express is the best of the CGI features. Not because it is technically better than all the rest (which it isn't), but simply because there is a sense of wonder about it I've rarely seen anywhere else. It does what animation and especially CGI is best for: taking something from fantasy and putting it up on the screen startlingly close to reality.

I'm not sure I'd go for the feature, but how about a trailer?

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 27, 2006 06:13 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the tradition of the single and two song 'Scope 200' extracts from "Grease", "South Pacific", "Sound of Music" and the rest. (They always go over big when I show them!)

A 200' 'Scope extract from "My Fair Lady" featuring Alfie Doolittle. Maybe "With a little bit of luck" and/or "I'm gettin' married in the morning"

Could deal with Eliza singing "Loverly" too!

..or Henry Higgins belting out "-but let a woman in your life!"

(the line about a "Wagnerian Mother-in-Law" has always resonated with me for some reason...)

Hmmm..This one could be a 400 footer!

--------------------

Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2006 01:02 PM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone
Let me once again put in a word in favour of launching Cinema
Paradiso in Super8. This is my favourite movie ever. Not being
available in Super8, I have tried unsuccessfully to get hold of
a 16mm. print. Any offers ?

--------------------
António C. Mota

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2006 02:32 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see Cinema Paradiso on super8 too [Smile] .
Has anyone mentioned Pixar's Geri's Game? It would be a lovely short!

Chester Brooks
Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2006 02:50 PM      Profile for Chester Brooks   Email Chester Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All

I believe the best sellers for Derann were always horror and science fiction movies.

Their best seller of all time was Hammer Scars of Dracula.

Those kind of movies are popular with collectors. Some of the titles coming up now would be lucky to get past five let alone double digits sales which would make it a loser for Derann.

Is it possible for a list of the most popular titles to be drawn up and presented to Derann as this thread now looks like one almighty mess which is impossible to analyze.

Chester

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 30, 2006 02:59 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabrizio,

Derann tried to bring out "Geri's Game" a few years back. Unfortunately while they were preparing the release the negative they had was destroyed and the project was abandoned. (I asked them about it and this is what they replied.)

Sad!, it really would have been a great little short!

How about "Tin Toy"?

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC