8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » James Bond on Super 8 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: James Bond on Super 8
Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2006 10:58 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, if you're interested, I see Derann have just listed a mint copy of "Goldfinger" on their latest used film list. £299.00.

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 02, 2006 11:07 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interested?? Rob, my heart skipped two beats when I saw GOLDFINGER on the list. [Big Grin] And thanks for letting me know, you're the third person to do so - unfortunately this time around it's simply too expensive [Frown] And did you know the movie was on the previous sales list as well? Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks it's a tad bit overpriced - although I certainly see the value of a "mint Kodak pre-stripe print." Which only makes it all the more painful to have to let it go, arrgh! [Mad]

But my day will come... I know my day will come.

[Cool]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2006 07:15 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
£299 for "Goldfinger" is not at all unreasonable... In 16mm you'd pay a lot more than that for a mint print...

Seems to me that if you want a film badly enough, the price, as long as it's not way out of line, shouldn't really be an issue...

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 03, 2006 09:49 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're kind of right there - guess it's just I simply have to be careful with money these days! However I didn't necessarily mean to say the price was unreasonable.

Another thing is that the exchange rate from GBP to USD really sucks right now. Earlier this year it seemed much better.

Even now I'm struggling with myself, and credit cards are all too tempting... [Eek!]

--------------------

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2006 10:35 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...

I guess many years of film collecting has taught me that if something high on my want list comes up for sale -- grab it. You never know when another one will come around (if ever)...

I've made that mistake a couple of times (not buying something) and I've always regretted it...

As for being able to afford it -- that's a general problem with any hobby -- the good stuff is always going to be expensive, and you have to budget for it...

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 03, 2006 03:12 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see your point. (And I regret not going for Goldfinger when Derann had a print of it for 139 pounds!) [Smile]

--------------------

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2006 11:25 AM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got the message that "Goldfinger" has been sold. Jan, did you...?

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 04, 2006 11:28 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, wasn't me... I wish! [Frown]

To make it worse we've just had some more unexpected bills come in (insurance and medical). Such is life...

--------------------

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2006 11:25 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The picture quality on the Super Eight optical airline prints is far superior to the package movie versions. From what I understand Cubby Broccoli supervised the airline prints and they used the finest pre-print since they were authorized by Eon Productions. I was told they were to be destroyed after use by the airlines but Ray Courts was able to rescue a few for me.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2006 12:47 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

What type of stock
are these films on?
Are they low fade??

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2006 01:42 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

there was also a nice flick available, written by Richard Maibaum (writer of some James Bond screenplays).

S+H+E: Security Hazards Expert (1980)

-

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2006 08:41 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael:

I think I read on the Thunderball leader that the print was either struck in 1983 or 1985. But, I don't think the stock is LPP "low fade" yet the color is good. It might very well be unmarked LPP and I have assumed the prints are on regular eastman stock all along.

Not familiar with the Maibaum film.

Best, Tom

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2006 09:08 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

If I'm correct in thinking this,
LPP & Agfa type film stock is shiny
on both the base and emulsion sides
of the film.

Next time you have an opportunity
to check your Bond flicks that you
received from Ray Courts, it may be
revealing to find that you
certainly have a prize in more
ways than one. Mostly due to the
release dates which you
had mentioned: 1983-1985

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2006 02:34 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael:

Yes,indeed the prints are glossy on both sides and unmarked. They must be low fade. I am very happy about this! Thank's for the information!!!

All The Best,

--Tom

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2017 10:23 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have "Live and Let Die" but its turning:(

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2017 05:22 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi! to all.all james bond movies with sir.roger moore they are all in scope,with sean connery only two were made in scope,

-thurderball
~-you only live twice

I just want to clarify,the other post of mine,about the aspect ratio of the james bond movies,i meat the theater released.

[ May 24, 2017, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2017 08:06 AM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What would be more appealing, an optical or magnetic soundtrack?

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2017 08:21 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
all james bond movies with sir.roger moore they are all in scope
" Live and Let Die" was the exception.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2017 09:49 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is another Roger Moore Bond that was not in Scope.
THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN. 1.66:1 .
I know this because I showed them when first released. [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2017 01:25 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann also did a 400ft release featuring 3 films a long time ago in a film lab far far away.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2018 02:02 PM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the following James Bond full length films in colour faded, plus Italian magnetic sound

Dr No
Live and Let Die
For your eyes only

Im just waiting for advice to redub into English using my gs1200, but no idea how to sync DVD to film. Hey ho

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC