8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » sankyo stereo 800/user report/view. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: sankyo stereo 800/user report/view.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2007 11:11 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
THE SANKYO IS DEAD.ANDY.

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2007 12:11 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sad to hear that, Andrew [Frown] .

Be sure to save it for parts though (soundheads, belts, etc....).

Do you have another projector?

James.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2007 12:58 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks James.I think the motor died.Yes i do have another Projector.Its the ELMO GS1200.Andy.
p.s where is Mike Peckham and Jan Bister when you need them?.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 08, 2007 01:43 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Andrew for taking the time to do the review of the Sankyo 800. I remember when I got mine new from a London company it arrived with a fault. Having telephoned them it was going to cost me, a you man on a low wage at that time quite a bit in carriage to send it back so having a little training in electronics at that time I fixed myself which was a dry solder joint on the speed control circuit. Simple enough to cure and the machine gave trouble free service. Sankyo/Bell & Howell 8mm machines did suffer a bit from the machine soldered board problem I was told by the Noris service agent a few years later.

I totally agree re the compactness of the Sankyo Stereo 800, and a much better bet re lifting than the GS1200 which is a killer to lift on and off its shelf here. Needless to say the GS does not see the light of day quite so much as the Sankyo and I can also save money on a truss !

The Stereo sound heads seemed to have stood the test of time very well in the Sankyo also which is good to know as has just about everything else. Mine even has its original drive belt which has not as yet given way to slipping and as with my smaller machines they all get a fair bit of use here.

Thanks again for taking the time to put finger to keyboard and come up with a good review. Its always nice to know what folk make of different machines and we all have our own personal favourites I know.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2007 04:23 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,I jumped the gun a little.The main problem with the Sankyo now is getting it to run correctly.When it does run a reel of film,
it stops dead at the end,and will not rewind back.I have to do it by hand.So basically no forward/reverse after stopping the machine.
Anyone out there every have this trouble?.Andy.
Sounds like dry joints,but where?.

[ September 09, 2007, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Wilson ]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 09, 2007 12:10 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew. Is the motor running OK or is it not turning over when the film ends ?

If the motor is turning over OK I wonder if a belt has had it. If memory serves me right a large one runs along the inside (back cover off) and the top which drives the rewind. Might be worth checking this.

Hope its something simple.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2007 09:44 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Could it be the speed switch?.youknow the one i mean.Andy.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC