8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hairbreadth Harry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hairbreadth Harry
Gordon Hunter
Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2006 10:47 AM      Profile for Gordon Hunter   Email Gordon Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the first films in my collection was a "Chuckleheads" film with Hairbreadth Harry. Harry has to rescue his young lady from being "carried off" by the local villain. I have now added several other films, with appropriate piano music to my collection and again, Harry is there rescuing the young lady from the same villain.
Who was Hairbreadth Harry and who was the villain? The latter looks like Snub Pollard with the moustache!
I am going to use this film for a show in December; I always try and give a short "history" of the films to the audience as I find this adds to their interest.
Gordon.

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 19, 2006 10:58 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is some info about Hairbreadth Harry;

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:lgA2xqpD5BcJ:www.imdb.com/title/tt0251037/+Hairbreadth+Harry&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=13

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 19, 2006 10:05 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently picked up a 400 footer of "Silent Danger" with Hairbreadth Harry. Interesting print: Plain white box, no identification of whoever printed the thing apparent anywhere. Silent, yet sound striped. (now where's that CD of silent movie music I have?)

The film itself is a sendup of the "Snidely Whiplash" style of silent melodrama including a fist-fight on the roof of a moving train and the hero and heroine escaping by riding a drawbridge up to the sky. It is good, light-hearted comedy.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Gordon Hunter
Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2006 05:09 PM      Profile for Gordon Hunter   Email Gordon Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dan and Steve,
Many thanks for your replies re Hairbreadth Harry. Sorry about the delay in replying.
I have a film show on Wednesday first and intend to include one of the Hairbreadth Harry films, along with some hopefully, suitable music to accompany it. Will be interesting to note the reaction of the audience, who are all over the age of 60 years!
Gordon Hunter,
Motherwell, Scotland.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC