8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ST1200 HTI conversion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ST1200 HTI conversion
Marc Marti
Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2006 04:25 PM      Profile for Marc Marti   Email Marc Marti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

I would like to convert my flawless Elmo ST1200HD to HTI, but I don't know where to go for making the modification. Which place do you recommend me? Any pros and cons of this operation?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Marc

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2006 09:12 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need to get in touch with Ugo Grassi. I'm not sure the conversion in an ST1200 is a particularly good idea but Ugo will know better than I.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 02, 2006 10:06 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some months ago, I discussed with Maestro Ugo the possibility of converting one of my GS to HTi.
Marc: considering that it will cost you an arm and a leg for a reliable (ie - made by someone who knows what he's doing) conversion - say between 1000 and 1500 euros - it might be worthy looking into getting a GS1200 with a good 1.1 or 1.0 lens...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2006 12:41 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
The HTI lamp is a very hot lamp! So it needs a big and fast fan, but also a fan ables to work when the main motor isn't working.
The GS1200 (and not the ST1200) has these two features.

ps Jean Marc... thank you for "maestro" [Big Grin] [Cool]

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Marc Marti
Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2006 08:21 AM      Profile for Marc Marti   Email Marc Marti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much for the responses. The fact is that I love my Braun Visacustic for its unbeatable sharpness, but its light output is vey dim... For that reason I decided to look for the conversion of the Elmo ST1200, but as I can see now it's not a very good idea.

Thanks, "maestros"! ;-)

--------------------
Marc

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC