8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Movie Maker - Equipment Reports and Film Reviews (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Movie Maker - Equipment Reports and Film Reviews
Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 05:02 PM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mike
The test report for the EUMIG S 940 has been received OK.
No, you had not sent it before. Many thanks and congratulations for your magnificent effort. My deepest appreciation. Regards.
Antonio

--------------------
António C. Mota

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 04:01 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul

The CD is very much Kevin's project, I know he was keen to do it and I have supplied him with all the test reports from Movie Maker that I have and I know that Jon Addams was going to supply him with the earlier ones that he has scanned. I have also given him the scans of all of Bill Davisons 8mm package movie reviews from 1975 - 85 and a number of film catalogues too, so with that and what other people have offered it promises to be a great archive.

I understand that things have been tricky for Kev rercently though so he hasn't been able to get on with producing the cd. When I last emailed him he asked me to email out all the test reports and film reviews that people had been asking for because he wasn't sure when he would be able to get round to working on the cd.

I now have access to a friends file sharing web site so am offering to put all the test reports and 8mm film reviews on there for people to down load pending the arrival of the cd.

I shall probably open up a new thread to set out how we can go about it.

Maybe Kev could give us an update?

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 11:05 AM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike could you email me me a copy of the Sankyo 700 projector test report

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 12:26 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike

Sent

Mike [Wink]

--------------------

Peter Neckerson
Junior

- posted February 22, 2010 09:56 AM      Profile for Peter Neckerson   Email Peter Neckerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike,
I tried to PM you but got that same message:
"Sorry, either the user or the board administrator is blocking access to this email address."

Jon Anders Klausen
Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2010 11:15 AM      Profile for Jon Anders Klausen   Email Jon Anders Klausen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
does anyone have a report for the camera "Nizo 481" (non-macro version)? I know Mike don´t have it, and haven´t heard anything from Jon Addams.

Mike: have you uploaded all scans online? One zip-file, instead of a CD sounds pretty good. Cheaper, and more convenient [Smile] I´ll be more than happy to point you in a direction of a good sharesite, or use mine to share it.

--------------------
My site: iSuper8

David Ian Turner
Junior

- posted March 11, 2010 05:41 AM      Profile for David Ian Turner   Email David Ian Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike Peckham
In July last year you were good enough to send me some copies of Movie Maker reviews including one on the Eumig 610D dual 8 silent projector. I was impressed with the review and put a request to ebay in Australia to be informed when one came up for sale. There were none until this week and I have finally purchased one. However I now realise that I have misplaced the copy of the Movie Maker review.
Would you be good enough to e-mail a copy of the Movie Maker review of the Eumig 610D projector to me at dit@internode.on.net, please?
Thank you
David Turner
Morphett Vale
South Australia

David Ian Turner
Junior

- posted May 07, 2010 06:34 AM      Profile for David Ian Turner   Email David Ian Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone

Can anyone help me obtain a copy of some of the Movie Maker Reviews that Mike Peckham and Jon Addams made available to Forum Members in the past. In particular I would like a copy of the following:
- Elmo 600 S
- Eumig K 404 & K 408
- Pathe Europ 8mm & 9.5mm

Thank you very much

David Turner
Morphett Vale
South Australia

Marc Marti
Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2010 12:52 PM      Profile for Marc Marti   Email Marc Marti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! That's a pretty interesting list of articles!
I would like to get these ones:

Bauer T60
Elmo GS 1200
Bauer C - Royal 6E & 10E
Braun - Nizo 4080 & 4056
Eumig 880 PMA
Leicina Special

My e-mail adress is: avortexfilms@hotmail(dot)com

This is very generous by your side. Thanks a lot in advance...

Cheers!

Marc

--------------------
Marc

John Karas
Junior

- posted November 08, 2010 11:10 AM      Profile for John Karas   Email John Karas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike, I'd like to have a copy of the review for the Bell & Howell Focus-Matic 674/XL camera. my email is swamprocker@prodigy.net ,Thanks,John

Peter Tomkies
Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2010 06:42 PM      Profile for Peter Tomkies   Email Peter Tomkies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please could you send me the review of the Silma S101? My email is pete@duck66.com

Thanks very much for your help

Pete

Jamie Noakes
Junior

- posted March 17, 2011 06:49 AM      Profile for Jamie Noakes   Email Jamie Noakes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike!

I have tried to email you but it got blocked!

I would really love to get hold of a copy of the review for the Minolta XL 84

Thanks,

Jamie

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2013 03:00 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just taken a look at this old thread and realise that there are some requests here that I never received, probably because I hadn't been keeping an eye on this forum.

However, over the years since I published the list I have continued to receive requests and I'm pretty sure I have responded to most of them.

If anyone is still looking for any of the reviews listed, send me a pm or put a note on this thread and I'll send them off to you.

There was a mention of creating a zip file with the whole lot on, I don't know how to do that, but if anyone wants to point me in the right direction, I'd be happy to persue that idea if it makes the reviews more accessible.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2013 06:28 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike,

Years ago in DOS I used to use PKZIP.

In windows there is WINZIP and PKZIP. I think both of these are free and should be quite simple to use (from memory). I also remember most free CD ROM's on computer magazines used to contain WINZIP.

Graham S

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2013 01:34 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

Many thanks for the helpful suggestion, but it now looks as though the scans are going to be hosted by a website (belonging to a member of this forum) where they will ba accessible for download.

In the meantime, if anyone wants a pdf or two emailed to them, just drop me a pm.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2015 08:38 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Silma S101 projector is a nice projector, has a lot in common with Bauer projectors in the T180 series.

The problem with the silma S101 is that one of the gears falls aparts when these projectors get old. Luckily this problem can now easily be solved. These gears are now newly produced. See: http://shop.van-eck.net/PP-0045.html?_globalsearch=s101

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2015 11:34 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope they are accesable from my website The Reel Image (UK) They are in the archive section.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2019 07:40 AM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to read the review for the Bolex 18-5L Super in Movie Maker. I think this projector was included in the list. I tried the above link but nothing comes up under the archive. Does anyone have a copy of this review they can send me? My email is shaneteacman@gmail.com

--------------------
Projectors: Bolex 18-5L Super, Bolex 18-5 regular 8mm, Elmo FP8-C

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC