8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What films you showing at Christmas?? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What films you showing at Christmas??
Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2006 03:03 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dan!
Is really difficult to take under control so many childs but...once the film is running the magic of the cienma is created
and all is calm,all is brigth (hey,that was a christmas song! jajaj) [Big Grin]

Jose,

THAT's the real Christmas spirit!

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano Nuevo a Ud., todos sus amigos y familia!

thanks for your words in spanish Steve,yes thats is the real spirit of christmas...i love to do the show every year because i like to make the others happy and i think that nothing like a good christmas classic movie and some hot food for the poor people can do better.

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

|  IP: Logged

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2006 03:55 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert,NZ celebrates Boxing Day(today) in a consumer fashion also!Every store is open, flogging off cut price goodies!You really have to be nuts to buy on the 24th if you can get 50% off on the 26th! I've just been down at the local Mall and people are shoulder to shoulder grabbing the bargains........... [Smile]

--------------------
Trevor

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 26, 2006 06:47 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
But what films are you showing this Christmas?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2006 02:51 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Singin' In The Rain - Friday night, just me and my partner.
The Elephant Man (scope) - New Year's Eve, with some friends who are deeply sceptical about the idea of "projecting" movies at home. I now have a 2 metre wide pull up screen (with blackout masking material for scope viewings) and a GS Xenon which arrived 3 weeks ago and has completely blown my socks off. I don't want to get up anyone's nose by continuing the "what's best?" debate, but the whiteness and brightness of light is quite astonishing. The sound's pretty damned good too.

Sam

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 27, 2006 06:14 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like your wait for the machine from Germany has ended well.
Yes your right about the sound from the Xenon version of the GS. The amp has twice the sound output and there are slight differences in the circuitry which add to the better sound quality.

Elephant man in scope? that one of my Favs and I didn't know it had been released on 8mm [Frown]

Looking forward to a pint in town when your free [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2006 06:47 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,
The Babychams are on me anytime! Yep, had a quick look at the opening of The Elephant Man that I purchased from Ricky Daniels' "for sale" list, and it really is in Cinemascope and it really does look terrific. Sir John Hurt, Dame Anthony Hopkins and that Lynch chappie creating a knockout filum! (Another of my faves.)
As you know I weaned myself into this game with an ST1200. It was described by members of the forum as the "Elmo workhorse" and it fulfilled the purpose of teaching me how to be a little less cack-handed and a little more involved in the cinematic experience. However, it was always going to be a stepping stone to a machine that could enable me to, (a)sync up pre-recorded sound with film that I'd shot (assuming that I buy the correct products from Pedro) and (b) sit in my and my missus's (?) house to watch a classic whilst feeling that we're really, really, really at the Saturday morning pictures. The Xenon does exactly that.
When Jenny Agutter said "Daddy, my Daddy...." at the end of The Railway Children and I turned to see the tears flowing down my girlfriend's cheeks, I knew that I had her in the palm of my hand.
Who am I kidding, I was in floods - she was asking how to turn off the projector!!
Definitely meet up early in the new year.
Sam

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 27, 2006 06:51 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant reply. Glad that machine has met all your expectations [Smile]

Was that the full feature of Railway Children? Have thought about getting that myself.

Now to find a copy of Elephant Man.....Ricky, have you got another one???

Kev.

--------------------

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2006 07:01 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep full feature. If you do get it, bear in mind that when showing it, your job as projectionist will neccesitate you sitting at the back, in the dark with the projector and occasionally "cleaning" it with the box of tissues you have to hand. Obviously any sniffling sounds will be caused by the workings of the machine itself and any apparent moisture of your eyes will be due to the chemicals in the film.
Yep he's got another one, but I'm not sure he'll flog it as the one I bought was his spare.
Sam

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2006 10:39 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ran an Our Gang festival here and some great old travelogues including a German language Kodachrome fishing film set in Tasmania!

I have another pile of unwatched Super 8 to go through too......... just the way I like it!

Sorry to all the English reading this, I have the 4th test in Melbourne on in the background and another wicket has just fallen. No doubt my dad and sister currently residing in London are enjoying it much more than the rest of you!

David

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC