8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Well.What did santa get you?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well.What did santa get you?
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2006 12:30 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi fellow members...Well what goodies did father chrismas leave you this year?.I am refairing to Super8 goodies.
I got Jungle book
Lone wolf Maquade
Fantaisa extracts.
Also i hope eveyone had a great xmas...Andy.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 26, 2006 10:51 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife got me "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" SPECIAL EDITION, (it's just the Derann release with the two trailers.)
and .... two days before that arrived, "Crocodile Dundee" (Optical sound) which I had been waiting for for almost two month's, (very slow mail, but it arrived)

My collecting has slowed down somwe since marriage, but I CARRY ON!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 27, 2006 12:29 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya all, hope you all had a good one, i did get carry on up the Kyber 600ft cut down and Brats (L&H)plus lots of goodies,
[Wink]

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2006 02:42 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She what must be obeyed shelled out and bought me a 2nd hand copy of Singin' In The Rain from Paul Foster Films. After receiving that gem, it was very hard to summon up excitement at the calendar featuring interesting colour photographs of clouds that her mother thoughtfully bought me. I've only dipped my toe into the stinking peat-bog of film collecting over the last year or so, but I now own 3 of my favourite ever feature films - The Jungle Book, The Railway Children, and Singin' In The Rain. Any shrink worth his salt might suggest that I was emotionally immature, but then he'd probably get a punch up the bracket!

This Friday I'll be falling in love with Debbie Reynolds all over again and on New Year's Eve some pals are coming round to watch the scope version of The Elephant Man that I bought just before the festive season began.

Whoopeeee!!!!!!!!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 27, 2006 06:20 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Santa didnt bring me any films [Frown] but he did bring the season 2 of Doctor who on DVD [Smile]

Now wouldnt it be great to find some of those old episodes on super8 [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2006 06:53 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,
Tired old question, but assuming there were none before this very modern era, Ecclestone or Tennant?
Sam

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 28, 2006 03:42 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I have ever seen on 8 is the Peter Cushing version.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Richard Bignell
Junior

- posted December 29, 2006 09:31 AM      Profile for Richard Bignell         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, if you keep an eye out on eBay, you do sometimes see the occasional Doctor Who episode on Super-8.

Back in the 1980s, someone who worked in the BBC's film and videotape archive smuggled out a handful of the 16mm telerecordings for various William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton Doctor Who episodes from which he privately had his own 16mm and 8mm reduction print negatives struck, before returning the originals back to their respective shelves. From these, a number of 16mm and 8mm prints were made and it's these that then to turn up from time to time. They're only of odd episodes rather than complete stories, but they tend to feature some of the classic 1960s monsters such as the Daleks, Cybermen and the Yeti!

Richard

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 30, 2006 04:57 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting info. Thanks, Kev.

--------------------

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2006 08:05 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin.You have a P.M.Andy.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2007 01:29 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a super 8 print of the Patrick Troughton Dr. Who episode "Wheel in Space (3)" at one point -- sold it when I found a 16mm print though...

I think there are about a half dozen 25 minute shows that turn up now and again on super 8...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC