8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Lost films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost films
Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2006 09:53 AM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, everyone

I am a bit worried and maybe someone can help me or guide me on what to do?

A few months ago I won an action on german ebay of 3 star wars Ufa and Marketing Super 8 digests. It cost me 92 euro including shipping, (quite a lot of money for me to loose)

The seller was robert weidemann and he recieved the money and and told me he sent the pakage from germany the first days of october, I am worried that the pakage might be lost, and he told me he lost the receipt. Maybe someone knows him but he doesn´t answer my emails. the last mail I got from him was a month ago.

How long can a pakage take to get to Chile South America from Germany?, can pakages take longer than 3 month to get to its destination, or did I loose my money?.

I´d Apreciate any info or help.
Thanks
pablo.

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2006 12:41 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pablo,
Sorry to hear about your missing films. It is everyone's nightmare when they order from E-Bay. I wouldn't think it would take 3 months for a parcel to get anywhere in this world, even by surface mail. It seems rather strange that your seller "lost" the receipt. If you have kept your invoice from E-Bay on your computer, try accessing the seller from it and see if he is selling anything else on E-Bay. If he is you could contact E_Bay and explain your situation. They may be able to assist.
I hope you have some success and best of luck with any future purchases. Regards Keith

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2006 01:07 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pablo,
How did you pay for the films? I ask because many credit cards have insurance against lost or faulty goods and I believe PayPal has a similar setup where you, the buyer, have some protection.
Regards
Sam

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 28, 2006 01:14 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi did you pay by paypal, also not sure about from germany but in the UK the reciept covers you for up to £32 per package for free if they go missing.
I think its his resposibility if he lost the slip, surely he should at least meet you half way.
Myself I`d feel inclined to refund the lot, but ebay etc.
Good luck.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2006 01:34 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pablo, if you paid via Paypal, contact them & ebay & log a non-received item complaint. Paypal will hold the money from his account until he can prove to them that he has proof of postage. If after around ten days the seller does not respond, or does not supply Paypal with the correct information. Paypal will refund you (If he has funds in his account)

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2006 02:15 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
H´mm thats the problem, I used Western union wire transfer the cash to him, I now understand why I should only use paypal for my transactions.

I was hoping someone on the forum knew him and maybe could contact him on my behalf, he has a great super 8 website http://www.super-8-hobby.de and maybe someone knows him.

I hope maybe the pakage has returned to him o maybe get here in during the next week, It´s just a bit fustrating loosing so much money.

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2006 05:10 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ August 07, 2008, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Andreas Eggeling ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 28, 2006 09:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. I had a print of Crocodile Dundee, (Super 8 optical sound), and I made the stupid move of shipping it by a slow boat from Germany, and it ended up taking an extra three weeks longer than I expected.

It might still arrive, and I find the loss of a reciept very suspicious. As others have stated, I would check into your rights as an ebay buyer.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 29, 2006 01:17 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pablo
Sorry to read about your films and hope that they may still turn up. We live 12000 miles away from the UK next stop the Antartic, and just as an example, that in the 13yrs I have been dealing with Derann have never had any films that have taken 3 months to get here, generally I allow 2 weeks sometimes 3 and in many cases the films have arrived within 5 days. "cant praise Derann enough" Distance should be no obstacle to getting a quick delivery, hope things work out.

Regards Graham.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2006 04:41 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The difference between air and sea (surface) mail these days has been exaggerated in this security conscious world.

Air to or from Australia to the US or Europe is generally about 5 - 7 days, sea mail can now take 3 months. Sea mail used to take only around 4 - 6 so there is a chance if the films were sent via sea mail they could still be on their way. Good luck in any case Pablo.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 30, 2006 08:09 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't give up hope of them arriving yet. I've requested that a lot of films I bought from the USA (and occasionally Australia) have been sent to me - in the UK - by surface mail, and although the majority have arrived in around 5-6 weeks, I've had two which have taken around 3 months, so it's no unheard of. But we don't know that the package was sent surface.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2007 08:30 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know robert?

Maybe they could ask him on my behalf.

Thanks

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2007 04:10 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

AFAIK Robert Weidemann is a honest collector. But I haven't dealt with him myself.

Since Robert Weidemann is German, he most likely send the parcel with "Deutsche Post" alias "DHL". And according to their webpage a parcel from Germany to Chile normally takes 10-12 days (or 6-8 days as a "premium"-parcel). Even if he had chosen another transport-service at lowest price, I guess that the parcel should arrive within a month.
It's too bad that he has lost the receipt. Now he hasn't got any proof that he has send the parcel, no way to force the transport-service to start to search for the parcel and no way to claim back his money from the transport-service (normally any parcel has some insurance).
There's still a chance that your parcel is still at the customs in Chile. Normally you should get a letter to pick up a parcel at the customs' post-office when the customs-declarations is incorrect or makes the custom-officers think that you still have to pay some import-taxes. Hence having a phone-call with your local/nearest customs' post-office might help if only the letter got lost.

Jörg

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2007 07:36 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just rememberd the bad experience with lost packages, These star wars films never arrived unfortunately, and the seller won´t reply, I fear that I was ripped off and for 90 or so euro which is a lot of money.

This is the forst time I have lost a package even though chile is on the other side of the world, I have been buy though ebay for years now films, projectors even a 16mm projector once and they have always arrived.

what a sad time, I was really hoping these star wars films would show up.

Has this ever happed to anyone lost a valiable parcel film though the mail?.

thanks
pablo

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted June 10, 2007 08:32 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pablo, I have shipped thousands of films world wide for seven years and never lost one. I have had a few returned(3) to me because of address mistakes.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 10, 2007 08:40 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pablo, I once bought a print from a private seller, (STAR WARS)
full feature, for around 350.00 american (or so). I wish I could remember the bastards name. He was on ebay, and the two auctions I won off him, from ebay, arrived just fine. The one thing I bought from him off of ebay, didn't arrive, and the bastard could have mailed all three together.

The truth? The bastard ripped me off!!! (and on a very high priced item), the title "bastard" is entirely appropriate.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2007 09:41 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Real bummer,

But all the films I have bought from members from this forum have been great, real responsible and the films in great condition. so at least that good to know I can trust in you guys.

cheers
pablo

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC