8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Need Help scanning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help scanning
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2007 12:18 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't seem to figure out how to successfully scan frames into my EPSON RX500 All-In-One. The scan comes out teeny and I can't seem to get it to enlarge. Any suggestions?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2007 12:39 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brad

I'm not an expert and I think others might have better suggestions, but for what it's worth;

Make sure before you actually scan that the settings are for the maximum dpi available to your scanner, do a preview first and set the scanner to the exact area of the frame you want as shown on the preview. Then scan the image, open the scanned image up in your photo programme and view "actual pixels", hopefully you'll have an image large enough to be worth while.

My experience of scanning super 8 though has always resulted in a dark image as it really needs to be back lit, is your scanner capable of that?

Good luck

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2007 02:30 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ August 07, 2008, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Andreas Eggeling ]

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2007 09:35 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you wish to scan super 8 or 8mm film you can use 8mm2avi program that can use your scanner to join the frames and make an avi clip,

I used once this program to scan an entire 50ft reel and what I did was to scan at least over 2000dpi with a small flourescent tube over a white plastic to backlight the film.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2007 07:05 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. Wrong operation.

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC