8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A & C Meet the Mummy 400' Sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A & C Meet the Mummy 400' Sound
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2007 07:49 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if Universal 8 put out a 400' version didgest of Abbott and Costello meet the Mummy?

I have the 200' silent version of this title.

I have a few of the 400' Abbott and Costello didgests and they are all well edited; Mexican Hayride, In Society, and Abbott and Costello go to Mars.

Just curious and would like a review.

I will post reviews of the above titles later this year.

Regards.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2007 09:56 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy,

Yes they did bring a 400' of "Meet The Mummy" out, and what I can remember it was one of the better U8 edits of the "A&C" comedies, and it has a nice print too. It comes up occasionally on dealers lists, so just watch out for it.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2007 11:04 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
GUY,A&C MEET THE MUMMY,was on ebay-stateside,two weeks ago.Andy.

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2007 02:03 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well; missed it. That's okay. One of the things that makes this hobby fun is the search.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2008 06:35 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Universal 8's 400' Abbott and Costello meet the Mummy is on USA ebay under the listing "super 8 sound" right now. Good luck!

Paul Stanley
Junior

- posted April 18, 2008 06:37 AM      Profile for Paul Stanley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy. I stopped off for a working lunch on Tuesday and purchased the said 400ft film an a market stall. It came in a white box with photo art on its front and was in good shape when projected. The stall holder also had some other 8mm Universal 8 films and one 9.5mm. I am glad I stopped for lunch although I was late for what I should have been doing.

--------------------
Lets get Lee back on the Forum action group!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 18, 2008 06:48 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guy, I used to sell and buy films from you, you might remember. MEET THE MUMMY is a top-digest, one of the best ones - Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC