8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Amp problem on ST1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amp problem on ST1200
Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2007 02:26 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All
Having problem with one of myElmo projectors. Sound not working. Have taken back of and on the 3am fuse board have checked the fuse for the Optical sound thats ok. The other fuse for the amp had blown. Have tried replacing back keeps blowing. Any help would be appreciated. Have limited knowledge of the electrical side. Many thanks Colin

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 22, 2007 12:28 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
It could well be the output IC which has failed. This is quite common on these machines and it looks like maybe its becoming an age thing.

I did one of these machines about 2 weeks ago and used my last STK015 IC. Cant do any more untill I get some more IC's,if I can get some more.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2007 12:34 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could also be due to some permanent short-circuit that might blow the fuse. Check out wether some metallic parts are in contact with the bottom side of the amplifier board.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2007 01:22 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Colin, Poor recompense I know, but it was my Elmo that Kevin fixed, and boy has it made a difference to the sound quality.
I just hope that Kevin can locate more IC's so that your problem can be solved.
P.S Kev, you have a PM.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 22, 2007 04:50 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately when the Output IC goes it goes short circuit accross the output which pops the fuse as soon as you apply power to the amp.

Looks like a possible source has been found. [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2007 10:52 AM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Guys for the respose. Kevin if you can get this problem sorted that would be great. I know it's one of the first 1200 Elmo's, but its done very well over the years and when running still pulls in a good performance in picture and sound. I did notice some strange noises the night before it finally blew the fuse. Look forward to hearing if you manage to locate the part to fix. Many Thanks Colin

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC