8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST-160 M

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST-160 M
Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2007 09:03 AM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, i would appreciate some information about this model! As there's been rather too little talk about it i was wondering wether it's an old or simply lesser Elmo one. Is it virtually the st-180 model?
Thank you in advance

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 22, 2007 12:09 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Youv'e got me on that one. I think the ST160m is the same as the ST600/180M but with 400ft capacity.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 22, 2007 07:48 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its the same really 99% just the second sound head isn`t wired up. It is 600 feet and better threading set up than the st600 usually, the 180 also has the better threading.
But its identical apart from single track and one or two track button switch really.
Best Mark.

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2007 08:55 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both for your answers. It's just that i've decided to buy an st-180 and have found out that the st-160 usually sells at a temptingly lower price.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 23, 2007 01:48 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Marks right. Same machine but single track.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC