8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How long Dwayne will still honour PK59 processing mailers ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How long Dwayne will still honour PK59 processing mailers ?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 30, 2007 07:34 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

In continuing my big interest to shoot my second son in 8mm as his older brother got, I was looking the way to process.

Someone from the other forum contacted me by offering PK59 processing mailers. From that forum someone says that the PK59 is still accepted by Dwayne.

So can I have some words from members here for:

1. How long Dwayne will still honour the envelope?
2. If I buy one envelope for US$5, does it mean I only need to ship to Dwayne and Dwayne is responsible to ship it back to me (like what we have in the era of K40 prepaid process)
3. Will Dwayne charge me extra for processing (apart from the return shipping if it is available)
4. Take that I live in USA mainland, what is the most effective price to buy the PK59 compared to simply send my cartridge to Dwayne and pay what charge they have now now for processing.

thanks for your help,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2007 09:20 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.k14movies.com/html%5Cquestions.asp#999

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 30, 2007 09:42 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg,

Thanks for the link, but I did not see any Q-A regarding the PK59 on those FAQs.

Or do you point me to ask on the question form? I will do that but I prefer to get instant answer from members here.

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2007 11:07 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...to the question form...

Reason: AFAIK the PK59 is a KODAK-only-thing. AFAIK you can't send a PK59 directly to Dwaynes. AFAIK you'll have to send it to Kodak that'll forward it to Dwayne. So AFAIK you'll have to ask how long Kodak will still honour the PK59 mailer!?

In a hurry,
Jörg

P.S.: Prices directly at Dwaynes - taken from their webpage:
* Super 8 K40 Type A 50ft Cartridge (K-14 Processing): $9.00
* How will you ship my processed film back to me and how much will shipping cost? We charge a standard shipping fee of $5.00 for the first roll plus $ .25 for each additional roll, which includes return shipping via US Mail or UPS Ground (allow 1 to 2 weeks). To receive your processed film faster we can ship via FedEx Air. FedEx Priority Overnight shipping cost $15.00 for the first roll and $1.00 for each additional roll. (FedEx provides next day delivery service within the continental United States.)

P.P.S.: Prices for a PK59-mailer: $6.69 on this page:
http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/sublistings-tier2.asp?mainid=3&catid=3&subID=45&s2ID=62&brand=kodak

P.P.P.S.: More info:
http://filmshooting.com/scripts/forum/viewtopic.php?p=142880&sid=430a674ff8ea9255a14a0af0b360cd61

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2007 12:39 AM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you can send US PK59 mailers directly to Dwayne's.

See this thread for more info:
http://filmshooting.com/scripts/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16365&highlight=walmart+pk59&sid=492bb5a4a8fda16d49ba30c504b0ec0c

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 31, 2007 08:28 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to update you guys. I received a very prompt reply from Dwayne to my question above. Here they are:

quote:
Hi there,

1. How long Dwayne will still honour the PK 59 envelope (processing mailers)?

A: There is not a deadline to stop honoring these.

2. If you still receive it, does it mean I only need to ship to Dwayne and Dwayne is responsible to ship it back to me without providing you the return postage (like what we have in the era of K40 prepaid process)

A: Correct, The address to mail these to is Kodak Processing, PO Box 1171, Parsons, KS 67357; however Kodak does need you to sign a release form for us to develop these. I've attached the form for you.

3. Will Dwayne charge me extra for processing (apart from the return shipping if it is available)

A: We will not charge you anything extra. The mailer covers the cost for the developing.

4. For today's reason, what is the most effective price to buy the PK59 or simply send my cartridge to Dwayne and pay what charge you have now now for processing.

A: PK59 mailers are selling for around $11.50, which doesn't include the postage or shipping charge. Our pricing for developing is $9 per roll. The shipping and handling fee is $5 for 1 roll and then if you send more than one roll in at the same time the additional shipping/handling fee is 25 cents per roll after the 1st.

Just my last question that is not covered above:

Will Dwayne also give free processing service for cartridges with the envelopes that were sold in Australia/UK (non-USA)?. This envelope is not PK59 but those we found inside the box.

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2007 06:08 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

no, the fellow bags sold in Europe aren't honoured anymore by Kodak and hence they aren't honoured by anyone else. (In these cases the fellow bag was completely obsolete anyway - all that matters was the "processing paid"-stamp on the cartridge's label).

Jörg

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 03, 2007 03:47 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again,

To update you with the answer direct from Dwayne:

quote:
1. The non PK59 (fellow envelope), are no longer honored by Kodak (and Dwayne). You would need to send those films to us for processing and pay our processing fees.

2. You may order new cartridges when you have film developed as well. The cost for all rolls we're mailing out is $5 for the 1st roll, then 25 cents per additional (developed films or new cartridges).

3. (All) The PK59 mailers are honored,whether they are old or new.

Sincerely,

Krystal

Dwayne's Photo
PO Box 274
415 S. 32nd Street
Parsons, KS 67357
620-421-3940
800-522-3940
fax 620-421-3174
www.dwaynesphoto.com

Hope it clears all.

thanks for all your responses,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC