8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Running Slow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Running Slow
Robert Pitman
Junior

- posted May 03, 2007 06:13 AM      Profile for Robert Pitman   Email Robert Pitman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently been offered a Sankyo Dualux 1000 projector from a local chap. Having seen it working it appears to be running slowish. Also when you tilt the projector up at an angle sometimes the motor speeds up.
Did a test on the take up reel by stopping it with my hand and the thing picks up speed nicely.
However, when we run a 200ft film through, it seemed to slow down on the last 50ft to a crawl.
The machine has new belts fitted.

Is this a major issue and can this be rectified fairly easily.
Thanks,
Rob

--------------------
Why do transformers hum?
Because they don't know the words.....

|  IP: Logged

Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2007 02:47 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a very similar problem with my yelco some time back, and not only it ran a bit slow but would vary a bit in the speed.

I found that the carbons in the motor were worn and dirty so I filed them and cleaned with isopo. alchol and cleaned the copper contacts on the motor and problem solved.

check if it works. this could be your problem.

Robert Pitman
Junior

- posted May 08, 2007 05:56 PM      Profile for Robert Pitman   Email Robert Pitman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Pablo,
just ordered some isopo. alcohol and will give your suggestions a try.
Will let you know how I get on.
Rob

--------------------
Why do transformers hum?
Because they don't know the words.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC