8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » BFCC Ealing May 19th (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: BFCC Ealing May 19th
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2007 03:34 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a reminder that it's The British Film Collectors' Convention this coming Saturday. I look forward to it...well with the 2.5 hour journey!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2007 03:15 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Simon
Yes I am looking forward to my two hour journey to london too LOL!
I,m sure it will be well worth the effort though,I,m looking forward to seeing a few old faces again.
See you there!

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2007 07:02 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going [Smile]

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2007 07:25 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too!

So are we going to meet up in the projection area at lunch time? Be nice to put some faces to names.

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2007 08:00 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After a few scares it looks as though I will be attending as well.
Hoping to meet up with you all, plus hoping to meet some of the members of the Jubillee Forum too.
Should be a sociable day.
Mal

[ May 14, 2007, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Mal Brake ]

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2007 08:00 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Mike,
Yes we must,I will be wearing the red carnation LOL!!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 14, 2007 05:08 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See? Why can't we have the same convention here? - There are enough collectors/dealers to warrant it - I say we meet at Syracuse in March and plan a gathering

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2007 05:31 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not worth the effort and expense Joe. You'll never get enough people to attend. Even here all the conventions are struggling and we're only a tiny little island.

I'll be making the five hour trip this week but have to arrive about 7am so sponging off the in-laws about 60 miles from London on Friday. And there is now no one left to help me erect the screen so it is going to be extremely stressful.

Meet in the projection area during the lunch break. I'll be the one that's fallen asleep!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 15, 2007 09:56 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"And there is now no one left to help me erect the screen..."

John,

Where did everyone run off to? I'm sure a few forum members would be happy to help you set up. If you bring some scrumpy, that is.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 15, 2007 01:17 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It just seems that everyone there is having alot of fun and spirit, while we haven't done so here, and we have alot of collectors who would be willing to meet which is why a preliminary gathering at CINEFEST, we can talk abouit it and if doesn't pan-out, so be it - Just that New Jersey is where film truly began in the USA, so why not have the same as in Britain? - Anyway, it doesn't hurt to think on it- Shorty

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2007 03:14 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the former helpers have drifted away or got too old Doug. It's a real shame but I think we can all see how the hobby is going.

Don't suppose you can get a last minute flight???

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 16, 2007 09:31 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If only I could.......

Okay, Volunteers are needed to assist John in setting up. Come on, Forum members!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 16, 2007 10:02 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, lets see, I'll just take my "go go gadget arms", reach way over there and help set up!

All kidding aside, if I was Rockefeller and had tons of money, I'd love to do the travel, yet, alas, I am not.

I also would love to see some american super 8 love-fests going on as well!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2007 12:30 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

I might be up for it, what time would I need to be there?

I shall have a one and a half hour journey before I get there though so it would mean a very early start...

Mike [Smile]

--------------------

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2007 04:36 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I generally start the screen around 8am Mike. Mark's mate Murray (good bit of alliteration there eh?) may be able to help me out too so if you were able to get along a bit early then we'd have it up in no time.

Then of course there are four projectors to set up, a surround sound system, lights, chairs... the stress, the stress! But I have got a nice 2 litre bottle of Somerset Cider for lunchtime to share with anyone who makes it to the projection area.

--------------------

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2007 05:00 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok John. I'll aim to leave home at 6:30 and see you at the Town hall when ever I arrive...

Mike

ps. this is quite a commitment because Friday night is my beer and curry night! [Wink]

--------------------

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2007 05:50 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Mike,
Are you driving down to London by any chance?
As the earliest train I can get to london is 6am from Bognor which takes nearly two hours to get to London Victoria.
Perhaps I could meet you at Worthing and help John set up with you??

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2007 06:41 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark

Sounds like a good plan!

I'll send you a pm.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2007 07:47 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Mike,
Many thanks for your PM.
I will give you a call tonight to make arrangements to meet up early Saturday morning.

John-Thats three helpers you now have on Saturday morning!

Gary Constantine
Junior

- posted May 17, 2007 08:11 AM      Profile for Gary Constantine         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it true people are going in fancy dress? I am coming dressed as a GS1300 or possibly Skeletor from He-Man. I am arriving at about 3.30pm; hope to get a few bargains.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 17, 2007 10:37 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Gary, your leaving it a bit late for the bargains. Some of the dealers will be starting to pack away round the 4pm mark.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 17, 2007 11:21 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ January 08, 2013, 05:16 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2007 01:14 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark and Mike - this is now going to be good fun! Mark's friend Murray is coming too so we are well and truly sorted. This convention really does need a few enthusiasts to help keep it going on the same scale so these offers of help are really appreciated I can tell you.

www.bfcc.biz and look at the 'next event' page. Broadband recommended as it's about a megabyte of jpeg's now.

And don't forget there is a forum members gathering in the projection area at lunchtime.

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 17, 2007 03:52 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember a toast to us here who can't make it there - Cheers, Shorty

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2007 04:45 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we'll toast you with scrumpy at lunch time! [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC