8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ebay seller busted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ebay seller busted
Tom Johnson
Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2007 03:08 PM      Profile for Tom Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone who had auctions for features including Maltese falcon, Alien, Grease, Son of Kong, and On the Waterfront, as well as 2 Stooges shorts, was kicked off ebay a few minutes ago.

I'm assuming it was for shill bidding, since there were multiple bids by brand new accounts with no feedback. There were also some very slippery answers to the many questions about a package of three features. The seller was a brand new account as well (sandy_ego_2007)

Since I was the winner of the Stooges films, I got the contact info. I took a chance bidding with the seller new and no FB, and probably would have paid had they not doubled an already high shipping fee on the 2 auctions. I sent an email asking for a shipping discount, and within the hour all the seller's auctions were pulled and the account suspended. So Ebay actually got something done here, just in time, for me.

The seller's name is G.J Wilkin, in Hudson, FL, and I can give you at least one of the suspicious bidder accounts: cbcenterprises815.

Anyone else had experience with this person? --Tom

|  IP: Logged

Tom Johnson
Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2007 12:51 AM      Profile for Tom Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I just learned all I need to know over at 16mmfilmtalk to answer my questions. I see I've been almost dealing with a very well-known personage. So much to learn!

--Tom

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2007 01:01 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gad....there are several multi page threads about this guy..and yes..I asked him some questions about those features and he obviously didn't really have them. He claimed that "maybe" alien came on three 400 foot reels...which is not possible if it's complete. He claimed Alien was flat, when the 8mm prints were done in scope. He either made up the films...or whoever had them thought they were features. As far as I know, Derann printed no feature of the Maltese Falcon, but rather a 600 or 800 foot digest. They are tracking this guy closely over on the 16mm forum..and he's had dozens of ebay monikers. When looking at ebay films..one clue to him is that it's always a new account, because he's constantly thrown off ebay and re registers with a new account. We should avoid someone with no ebay history....at least while Greg is around.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2007 10:20 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This seller georgeclooney_708 is selling the same stuff and was one of the bidders on one of the others items.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 13, 2007 10:35 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching that auction as well. Good to see the indivisual got called on it.

You would think that if this person is a repeat offender on ebay, one way to check to see if this same person starts up false accounts, is check his zip code and see if new accounts are constantly starting up from the same code area.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2007 01:36 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The zip code thing is ok, but he keeps switching regions of the country as well.

Tom Johnson
Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2007 06:58 PM      Profile for Tom Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
georgeclooney_708 was thrown off today, and the new round of auctions for the same stuff are canceled. ..and the saga contines.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC