8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » History of the Package Movie - help required!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: History of the Package Movie - help required!
John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2007 03:51 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is for the series appearing in Jurgen Lossau's 'smallformat' full colour magazine. Incidentally, I think the layout of the film collecting section in the present issue is the best yet.

We're rather short on box covers for the next issue: Powell Films and PM Films are what are required. I'd particularly like 'Assault on Precinct 13' and 'Watership Down' from the PM stable. From Powell just about anything would be good but I'd particularly like 'A Night To Remember' as my own feature boxes are really scruffy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As a reward you can come and help Mike Peckham and the lads assemble the screen at the October BFCC!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 17, 2007 02:40 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
precinct 13 on its way by PM Chief [Wink]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 17, 2007 04:48 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
John, I'll email you Watership Down. Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2007 04:33 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's brilliant chaps! And I've made an acceptable 'A Night To Remember' using Photoshop and two or three of the less damaged covers on my own five boxes.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 18, 2007 09:27 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I could oblige, but I have none of those, only Mountain, Walton and the domestic releases here and such - Cheers, Shorty

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2007 04:58 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Watership Down' Kevo! Any chance of it today?

Keith's come up with some others which I hadn't seen for years and I've just sent those off so it really is only 'Watership Down' of the significant releases required.

--------------------

Steve Ellison
Junior

- posted August 02, 2007 06:37 AM      Profile for Steve Ellison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've a fair number of old catalogues from various distributors, from the time when I was 'Phoenix Films' in the 1970s/80s. Would you like a list? Also have a copy of the legendary Eddie Salmons photocopied 'book' listing 400ft featurettes, but I suppose this is quite common. I often wonder if any of the Flip The Frog cartoons I released in the 70s are still around....or the 'Civil Defence' shorts,or the Barry Wiles British Transport Films which I distributed. I go way back to the old Delta Film Library days, with the sadly missed Harry Nadler, and Dave West of Davelyn Films(Isle Of Wight) who released Richard Tauber in Land Without Music and a Christina Gregg feature, I think it was 'Don't Talk To Strange Men'. Anyone who wants a few stories...get in touch !

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2007 03:39 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, any chance you could email me some scans from any catalogue you may have put out which had your own releases in it. Ol' Wilton loves those 'Flip the Frogs' cartoons and I can see why. We showed one at a recent BFCC if I recall correctly.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 03, 2007 08:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
John, Sorry I forgot. I will scan that for you tonight.

Kevo [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Steve Ellison
Junior

- posted August 03, 2007 03:31 PM      Profile for Steve Ellison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John...give me a few days, I'll see what I can find. Will at least have some old ACW or Movie Maker ads...I also used to import some spaghetti adventures from a German outfit called Roester AG...stuff like Karzan(a Tarzan rip off seemingly filmed in a Roman back garden), and Battle Of The Last Panzer.Assorted old 'roneo'd' catalogues and leaflets to hand...will let you know.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2007 02:58 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That all sounds like the sort of thing we can fit into the history of the package movie series Steve. If you don't subscribe to 'smallformat' it's probably worth a look.

http://smallformat.schiele-schoen.de/home/zeitschrift.asp

Kevo, don't worry about 'Watership Down' as the copy date has passed. I think we ended up with enough box covers in the end to make the next issue look as interesting as the last one (which I think was the best yet thanks to Jurgen's layout - had nothing to do with the content I supplied!!!).

--------------------

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2007 08:13 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

Didn't you import titles like KILLERS OF BLOOD CASTLE too?
What were the cutdowns like,any good?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC