8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO SUPER8 1000S MACRO HELP!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO SUPER8 1000S MACRO HELP!!!!!!
Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2007 04:49 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, i'm shooting a short film this weekend. I just purchased a used 100s, BUT there are NO instructions. I have a couple questions. Hope someone can help me. First, how do I activate the FADEin and OUT? By holding down the fade button? Plus, how long does it take for the fade? 7 seconds? Also, ANY help tips on making dissolves? I heard one can do it manually? Can I with this Camera? not sure...I sure appreciate ANY words of wisdom!
Thanks gents, as always, me, Rob

|  IP: Logged

Terrance Kott
Junior

- posted January 28, 2017 06:44 PM      Profile for Terrance Kott   Email Terrance Kott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a white "fade" button on the left side of the camera. As far as I can remember you just hold the fade button down and it "fades" to black but the sound is still active. "Fade" for a couple of seconds depending on the effect you are looking for and stop rolling. It is fairly simple. However, I believe we had a problem with ours fading out during filming by itself sometimes without pushing the button. I do not think we ever diagnosed or fixed that "glitch". It either fixed itself of I need to address that problem the next time I use it and get the film developed to see if that problem persisted.
I have an Elmo Super 8 Sound 1000S Macro. I assume that is the model you are talking about. I simply love this movie camera.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC