8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Atlantic Xenon ST1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Atlantic Xenon ST1200
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 24, 2007 08:53 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Came across this interesting photo from Super8 Filmmaker "american magazine" May 1977 stating as follows,

The Atlantic Xenon Super8 ST1200 projector provides high 850-lumen light output with a light spectrum close to that of daylight. You can change the light output to meet varying needs without changing the color of the light. Atlantic guarantees the ozone-free lamp for 2000 hours of use. The projector comes with a DC power supply designed for xenon light source, F1.1 zoom lens and a Osram xenon lamp. In addition, it can be equiped with selsyn motors for synchronized operation with other projectors.

Available from Atlantic Audio-Visual Company, Ltd 3887 Chesswood Drive, Downsview, Ontario Canada list price Elmo ST1200 and conversion 2.900 dollars rental 55 per day 220 a week.

Well that was back in 1977, does anyone no anything about it? I wonder how they got on for cooling? [Roll Eyes]

Graham.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 24, 2007 09:39 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of wonder how the thing rewinds:

That tower is right where the film passes!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 27, 2007 04:54 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does not look that you can rewind unless the side cover hinges down but with the Xenon lamp attached "looks heavy" would that be possible? looking at the price tag "sounds very expensive" how does that compare price wise with a standard ST1200 back in 1977?.

Graham.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 27, 2007 07:30 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure about an ST-1200, but $2,900 Canadian would probably buy a fairly nice, brand new subcompact car back in 1977.

I seem to recall my parents buying a new mid-size station wagon for about $4,500 US in '75.

Today, of course this would probably be just the interest on the car loan!

It's scary to think that by the time my son buys a house, what we spent will sound cheap.

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 27, 2007 11:58 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here you could still buy a fairly OK house here for that around a £1000 in 77.
I looked at one in 85/86 for £4K with a garden after they had gone up some.
I dread to think what our children will do as well, in the UK its gone bonkers along with all of the other costs etc.
But i`m sure OK with the the powers that be as high cost living keeps us in in our place more!!!!!
On the ST1200 can you get Ozone free Xenon lmaps now then???
Best Mark.

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2007 01:39 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting way of cooling the lamp. Looks like they have stuck some sort of Hoover on top.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2007 01:53 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plus it looks as though it is limited to 800ft spools.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 27, 2007 07:16 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Hoover?

Dam!

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 28, 2007 03:41 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if it is a "Hoover", there would be no dust on the gate, [Wink]

Graham. [Smile]

Martyn Stevens
Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2007 06:29 AM      Profile for Martyn Stevens   Author's Homepage   Email Martyn Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had assumed that the thing on top was the Xenon, with a mirror inside - much easier than shoe-horning a Xenon lamp inside
Martyn Stevens

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC