8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » anybody here ever buy a projector from this site?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anybody here ever buy a projector from this site?
Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2007 07:23 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.super8film.at/en_index.htm

since I have developed an interest in eumigs....any feedback on this site would be helpfull

|  IP: Logged

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2007 03:22 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The site looks interesting, but I do have some concerns. I once won a EUMIG on Ebay that only came with a European Power supply and was formatted for overseas voltage. I wound up having to return it. Also, the site's proprietor doesn't specify whether the projectors are refurbished or not. If not, then it's an awfully expensive gamble that all the mechanisms will last. Specifically, the sound heads which are only good for a few thousand hours. If these units were fabricated in the 70's or even the early 80's then it's questionable how long they will be of any good use.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 23, 2007 04:16 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..all true, and throw shipping charges from Europe on top and it gets even riskier.

I'm sure you can find some nice Eumigs over here.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2007 03:18 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would imagine these are all set at European standards, as he wants payment in Euros.

Frank Picaro
Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2007 04:17 PM      Profile for Frank Picaro   Email Frank Picaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I HAVE purchased a Eumig S938 from this site. It came in excellent condition, and works perfectly. The wrong cord was sent and he gave me a refund for the price of the cord when I wrote. It was European voltage, with no way to change it, as on some models, so I bought a voltage converter, and it plays great. My opinion is that this site is a reputable business, which works with the customer.

--------------------
Seems? I know not seems!!

Frank Picaro
Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2007 04:18 PM      Profile for Frank Picaro   Email Frank Picaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I HAVE purchased a Eumig S938 from this site. It came in excellent condition, and works perfectly. The wrong cord was sent and he gave me a refund for the price of the cord when I wrote. It was European voltage, with no way to change it, as on some models, so I bought a voltage converter, and it plays great. My opinion is that this site is a reputable business, which works with the customer.

--------------------
Seems? I know not seems!!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 24, 2007 07:02 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I have dealt with this guy before and had no problems what so ever. I would think that all the machines he sells will be set for 220V 50Hz which is the European std voltage except here in the UK where we have to be different and have 240V 50Hz.

I bought an Elmo from him and as expected it was set to 220V but on the European models it's easy to set to 240V. In Europe not all machines have Worldwide voltage settings i.e. from 110 - 240V.

Ask all questions before buying is what I say but as for dealing with this guy....yes he's tops.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2007 08:00 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for info, the UK's mains voltage was changed on January 1st 2004 from 240 volts to 230 volts +10% -6%, so there's no longer any need to change the setting on european appliances when using them in Britain.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 26, 2007 11:17 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UK mains voltage was not exactly changed, only the specification to 230 volts, the new tolerance covered the previous tolerance for the 240 volts.

It would have been impractical to reduce the voltage.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC