8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Do they available in colour and or sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do they available in colour and or sound
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 11, 2007 04:20 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I need your kind help to identify the below films.

-

I've found those films offered on Ebay several times, but always in B/W and silent, which I don't want it.

So do they available in Colour and sound or B/W and sound?

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2007 10:06 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

These were available in Colour and B/W buy only silent, although I have seen 1 or 2 which have had a stripe and soundtrack added, but these are very rare.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 11, 2007 10:49 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can verify barry's comments, as I have a print of the Donald Duck one, which consists of "Donalds Golf game" and "Inferior Decorator". Beautiful color, by the way.

I'd love to find the Mickey one in color and add a stripe to it!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2007 06:57 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have all of these but didn't know they were ever available in color. They are indeed the complete cartoons, perhaps missing a few seconds of the opening titles; why they edited them that way is beyond me, but they are otherwise complete as labelled.

Not too long ago I finished a pulse sync CD for the Goofy reel, but haven't had time for a show yet to actually use it.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 12, 2007 10:22 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
as I have a print of the Donald Duck one, which consists of "Donalds Golf game" and "Inferior Decorator". Beautiful color, by the way.
Osi, when you say "beautiful" can you clarify which colour tone it tends to be?: AGFA (good but blueish) or Kodak SP (sometimes good but warmth/brownish) or Kodak LPP (good but greenish) or Eastman LPP (I like this, good and neutral tone).

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2007 05:31 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ August 07, 2008, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Andreas Eggeling ]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 17, 2007 01:24 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andreas,

But are they also available in silent only, or sound?

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2007 03:02 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

they were only silent available.

Andreas

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 30, 2007 11:22 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

This is from a 1976 Disney catalog.

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 30, 2007 12:10 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a few of the older disneys actually were on kodachrome and very nice from that Era, then went to eastman acetate, some eatman poly then and a few SP eastman and finally a few shorts got on to LPP as did a fair few of the 400 compilations and the bits now available new either on afga LF poly if been on the shelves a while or Kodak poly LPP.
Best Mark.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 06, 2011 08:46 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An old thread, I know....

But just want to let you know that I finaly got one of the above three reels( i.e. Goofy with two stories "Goofy and Wilbur" & "Two Gun Goofy") in Color and sound.

Indeed the print is with subtitle which is normally for silent film but I can say that the stripe and soundtrack is done very professional.

I can even say that stripe and soundtrack were done in a lab.

Stripe is on both side (main and balance), and cannot hear any out of sync at all.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2011 04:20 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Donald Duck Reel with color and sound...good quality
And i have the Goofy Reel with black and white sound...on the Reel is Goofy and Wilbur and Two Gun Goofy

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 07, 2011 07:15 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andreas thanks for confirming this. Can you tell me if your reels are also with subtitle?

My copy is on brownish side of Kodak SP.

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2011 07:39 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the Goofy Reel is with subtitles
And the Donald Duck Reel...i must look them..( i have look for a long time ago.... [Wink] )

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC