8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » [BEWARE] Someone might get cheated on Ebay UK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [BEWARE] Someone might get cheated on Ebay UK
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 20, 2007 09:49 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

May be this is only a warning. Please review this auction http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150195674191&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I was so interested with the offers, 16 of TJ in one auction. It will solve all my search. More over hs first startign price used to be GBP 25 (but probably because a lot of ebayers watching or raising questions, he increased it now to be GBP 45)

But having seen the seller with 0 rating is so worrying. I sent him a question about his reputation, and if he may know someone in UK who is collecting 8mm.

He answered "no" (eventhough his listing and other his items are so convincing that he is not new in 8mm).

Second email was sent asking if I can collect the item in person. He said "OK" and he was willing to end the listing for GBP 40 for me (see what he did with the starting price now).

I was running out the questions to find out his reputation. Then finally another email was sent, asking what is the weight of 16 reels (16 x 200"). He said "the weigh of films and packing is approx. 2 kG"

"NO WAY".

There is no possibility 16 x 200" is 2 kg. 1 x 200" reels is approx 250 grams so for 16 reels will be 4 kg and plus packing = 5 kg!!!

BEWARE!.

ps: I saw on his other items someone from this forum has placed a bid. Can you share here what make you trust him.

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2007 02:26 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They say they are treated with 2.22. I thought I read on this forum that this speeds up fading.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 21, 2007 05:06 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure does Graham. [Frown] I lost a lot of films because of that stuff [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 21, 2007 05:17 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have been mailing this guy and he seems very honest to me. Its easy to jump to the wrong end credits via mails let alone ebay folks.We still have a little faith in humanity this end.

The seller is new to auntie ebay so he will obviously have zero ratings. Much crafty doings is going on via ebay to win auctions, and as is known by many now, one bloke even has 3 ebay accounts dealing films. Having been of ebay for a bit its clear you have to watch you back as with many other things Internet based including forums. Emails quickly fly about and I recently found myself named within one which was forwarded by a friend. Such are small minded people with nothing else to do. I now know who are my friends for instance.

Getting back to the seller. Seems a decent sort who is trying to get to grips with ebay which he is new to. We all had to start somewhere..

Happy Chrimbo and good will to all men, even women.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2007 06:16 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with Lee on this one. I have also e-mailed the seller and his answers to my questions seem to add up. We all worry about about being "ripped off" and I'm probably as bad as most, but at the end of the day, all of us who sell on E-Bay have to start with ZERO,as do all of us who buy from E-bay.
He has a Paypal verified account so that's something in his favour.
As they said "Someone has to be the first man in space and you can rest assured if the mission goes wrong, everyone will hear about it".
Merry Christmas.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 21, 2007 05:58 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
We all had to start off at zero on eBay at some point. I think it's worth giving a go.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 07, 2008 01:35 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear all,

It seems I've made a mistake in thinking of this seller. OK... some winners have left positive feeedbacks for him.

Now, you guys get some items from this seller...he is a trust Ebayer!

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC