8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Projections/A Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Projections/A Question
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 06, 2008 11:29 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have just recieved the latest FFTC mag and couldnt help notice a letter in the readers column regarding the latest editon of Projections with "Rex Osbourne" apparantly making some comments to my articles. I certainly welcome all comments good or critical (as i have always asked) but unfortunatly i didnt read this particular piece, would anyone by chance have this so that they could scan and e amil to me so i may (constructivly) reply please?

tphotiou at blueyonder dot co dot uk
[Wink] cheers

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 06, 2008 06:21 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I saw that too Tom. I would also be interested in reading that.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 06, 2008 06:25 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom
I don't recall the comments in question but if I find the relevant issue, I'll see if I can assist. However, the next 'Projections' will be the first under the new Editor (Pete Travers), and I'd be very surprised if 'Rex Osbourne' is still writing, now that Barry Littlechild is no longer involved.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2008 05:20 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rex Osborne is Barry Littlechild so that explains that one eh?

Don't worry about it Tom. Even if one person doesn't appreciate your articles, for every one there are hundreds that do. So keep up the good work and don't take any notice.

You've done the hobby a great service with the reproduction parts for the ST1200. Without you quite a number of machines across the world would have gone to the scrap heap by now.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 07, 2008 07:27 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks boys, cant say im at all worried in any way, i was just curious and wouldnt mind replying but i will add, it would be replied to in a very courtious and productive way, i certainly would not get into any kind of scilly non-sense as no one is intersted in that trash, i always welcome any and all feedback.

Have to say though, i wouldnt mind any help with other tips i could give as my ideas are fast running out.

Not sure if everyone has seen the latest article on the two blade shutter which one of our Italian friends let me write up, but if any one has a repair or mod they could run by me i shall use it for the mag and will always ensure that the article is by me but the repair/mod is by you.
I never try and take credit for other peoples work.

Thanks for the kind words gents. [Wink]

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2008 08:36 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, having read many of Rex's articles it seems to me that Rex (or his alter-ego) had the simple agenda of purposfuly trying to stir people up with what I often interpreted as deliberately derogative comment.

Each to their own I suppose; I think Rex believed he was just trying to prompt a response from people by prodding them, but this column was one of the reasons I gave up on my subscription to Projections.

Still, just my own opinion...

Hopefully with Rex gone and new management we can all look forward to a much better publication.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC