8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » never seen a GS1200 TRV before, wish I could afford it! look

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: never seen a GS1200 TRV before, wish I could afford it! look
Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2008 08:45 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.de/ELMO-TRV-1200-GS-incl-3-CCD-and-macro-optik_W0QQitemZ290195613477QQihZ019QQcategoryZ8271QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 08, 2008 11:11 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks cool but it defeats the purpose of such a beautiful machine. No 200 watt lamp...no big projection..!! [Frown]
The Elmo ST180 would be better for that I think. Just my opinion of course!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 08, 2008 11:39 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But what the population of this machine will be?

as I have also never seen this one before? Kev any clue?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 09, 2008 04:31 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I also have never seen one of those before. I'm wondering if this is a mod by another company?

I have to agree Alan in that why use a machine such as the GS when an ST600 would probably have worked having said that the GS1200 is probably the only Super8mm Elmo which will run at the correct speed constantly for telecine work.
I would still agree though that this is an overspecked telecine machine.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2008 08:50 AM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I also have never seen one of those before. I'm wondering if this is a mod by another company?
This isn't the Elmo TRV I've seen either. The basic TRV in both 8mm and 16mm formats would have a lamp source in the projection lamp position and a CCD pick up where the lamp normall goes. This makes the left/right orientation possible without a mirror or major changes to the electronic scanning of the CCD.

This looks like a regular projector that's been modified with a mirror and CCD pick-up.

John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC