8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm phrase in today's movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm phrase in today's movie
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 12, 2008 08:15 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the 8mm collector sometimes I got impressed when today's movies mentioning 8mm film.

OK, forget about the 8mm phrases in "JFK" (Kevin Costner) or "8mm" (Nicolas Cage) as of course 8mm phrases would be mentioned a lot in these movies.

But have you ever heard in other movies which the scenario did not focus on 8mm things?

I've just seen Running Scared and on the dialog between Anzor to Oleg, his son, Anzor says "I want my 8mm back!"

The context was that Anzor used to see John Wayne's movie back to 8mm era. In a 10 minutes digest he had, Johne Wayne (the Duke) did not die. But when he arrived in USA (Anzor was a Russian immigrant), he found that on F/L version Duke was actually shot to die. And that's why he wants his 8mm back!!! [Big Grin] Cool! [Cool]

Do you find 8mm phrase mentioned in other today's movies?

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 12, 2008 12:17 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the movie they were talkin about was "The Shootist", his last film, and a favorite of mine. There are very few films in which the Dukes character did in fact die.

The Shootist; now there's a film I'd love to own on Super 8mm. My only hope, I suppose, will be to find it on optical sound Super 8mm. Does anybody have a print of this on optical sound super 8mm?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC