8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ST1200HD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ST1200HD
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2008 07:52 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed on this projector the plug in to the machine has been modified? take a look at the pictures it is the third one on the right side.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150203258381

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2008 08:55 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,

That is an odd power connector on that 1200. From what I remember from my A/V days, it looks like a 2-pin plug with a locking collar of the type that used to be on some Xenon slide projectors (I could be wrong, but that's what it reminds me of.)

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2008 09:36 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was the high bidder up to a few minutes ago. I saw this post and immediately cancelled all my bids. I never looked at all those pics. THANK YOU GUYS. This machine has probably seen some rough times and could be nothing but trouble. The correct socket plug for the ST1200HD in America is 3 pin, flat, black (hot) white (neutral) & green (ground). The exact same power cord fitting as most American computer power cords.

Buyer beware.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2008 10:13 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're absolutely right, chaps.

In the UK, the correct connector is known as the IEC 6amp 3-pin.

Lucky escape, Chip! [Eek!]

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2008 04:49 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Can you tell me if belts round of the same size may be correct to a ST1200 Elmo?

Thanks

--------------------
Tony

Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2008 08:17 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that might be a 1.0 lens on that one too, that alone is worth the price it finished for. wonder if that person is a memeber of this forum.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC