8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Low running ST1200HD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Low running ST1200HD
Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2008 08:07 AM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tried to run this projector last night. Had not used this machine for at least a year. Projector was very slow to run and after the lamp was running for a while did manage to gain a bit of speed. Last time used it was fine. Taken back off and cleaded up both rubber rollors that run on the main shutter. Rubber has been taken off years ago and like I said ran perfect a year ago. Seems now that the 18fps rollor runs with a good torque, but the 24 rollor is not turning with much torque and is running slow. Putting pressure more on to the shutter from the mecanical speed change lever results in total stop of machine. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2008 07:04 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say give the belts a good cleaning or replace, but they should not behave any differently for 24fps. So that theory is shot.

Did you clean the metal part of the 24fps roller -- where it touches the belt? Another thing that I do when my machine acts up that way is to remove the rubber rollers and lube the axles. But again, if this is an issue it should also be so for 18fps. Also lube all the gears...again should also effect 18fps if that was a problem.

quote:
Putting pressure more on to the shutter from the mecanical speed change lever results in total stop of machine.
That has me stumped. If there was a problem with the rubber gripping the shutter, this should make the machine speed up, not stop.

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2008 09:41 AM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info. Would appreciate more answers. I thought Elmo's where popler among the forum. Many Thanks

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 21, 2008 02:22 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Colin, bit of an awkward one this as normally once all the belts and drives are cleaned up and the shafts are lubricated they are usually ok, is there any play in the flywheel, (in and outward?), is the edge of the shutter absolutly cleaned?
If the 19FPS roller is OK is hte rubber 24 fps wheel going soft? What i found on mine before i removed the shutter rubber was that the sticky bits of rubber were attaching themselves to the actual 24fps rubber wheel making the edge that contacts the shutter uneven, as it gets warm and soft the speed picked up again, i'll have a think and get back on again, [Wink]

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2008 08:02 AM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom Thanks for all the info. All belts have been changed and the shutter wheel is clean. The rollers are in good nick no softning. It was running fine that I remember a year ago. Been using the 1200 untill the sound went. I know that I need to get that one done because the IC's need replacing. Have a think Tom any more help would be great.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 23, 2008 03:54 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Colin,

How easy does the shutter turn by hand. It should be quite free. If the mechanism feels very tight it's worthwhile checking for any hard grease. If the mechanism feels very free I would say that it's either down to the drive rollers or a faulty motor.
Faulty motor would be last resort as these motors seem to go on for years and years.

I think it's more likely to be down to a tight mechanism.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2008 07:32 AM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks kevin I will check the free running. At this rate I'm runninmg out of projectors.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC