8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig S710D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig S710D
Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2008 04:21 PM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, On my S710D having problems with the sprockets,they seem to be very thin and have been cutting into the standard 8 film.is there a solution to this or is the film getting taught somewhere to cause this, can anyone advise please, thanks

|  IP: Logged

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2008 04:44 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian,

Please forgive me if I seem patronising or stating the obvious, but I take it that you have changed the sprockets and gate assembly from Super 8 to Standard 8. These projectors come with a set for both types of film and it's important to use the correct combination, otherwise you will wreck your films.

The other answer could be a thorough service and lubrication.

I have an S 810 D which has given no trouble at all. I keep it permanently set up for standard 8, and give it a regular and thorough service, as I do with all my other projectors.

If none of the above cures your problem, there are Eumig experts on the Forum who I'm sure will be only too pleased to give you the benefit of their experience.

Good luck,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2008 06:08 AM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave, Thanks for your input, I am useing the correct sprockets and gate as it has been working OK but it suddenly started to tear for no apparent reason, It gives the impression that it is the film getting tight from the top sprocket to the gate and it is the claw that is tearing it trying to pull the film through, thats only my theory, probably wrong!
Thanks again
Brian

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC