8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Great prices on Super 8 ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great prices on Super 8 ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 19, 2008 10:25 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed two auctions on super 8 on ebay today that are going quite well.

The Quiet Man, already up at over 200.00 dollars, and It's a Wonderful Life, at 180.00 dollars already.

Either it's from a well respected seller with a spotless track record, (he doesn't seem to know how to check super 8 film), OR it's new collwectors of Super 8 who are willing to shell out large amounts of money and don't know that they can pay a good deal less.

I hope that whoever wins "The Quiet Man", really lucks out. One of them had a question as to the color, (whether good or not), and the seller just looked at the beginning and saw red.

The only problem is that this particular films credits are, (accept for the very studio logo) going on with a sunrise (or sunset), and so the first reel is a terrible place to check this film. Best to check the second reel.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 19, 2008 03:50 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Interesting that so far all the bidding for "The Quiet Man" is taking place between just 2 bidders.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 19, 2008 04:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm...

Kinda "quiet"...you say?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC