8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO 912S Sound editor problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO 912S Sound editor problem
Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2008 05:53 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I purchased in a charity shop the above editor,only to find out that it stopped working after I passed a film through. The thing is,the lamp lights and sound wise it's OK, but the motor does not work on the forward function,although it does on the rewind, which I find a bit puzzling.Can it be a belt issue,or what?
Already thinking of selling it at Ebay....Any help is appreciated [Confused]
PS Forgot to say it's a german one-instructions are in German and plug is European (two-pins).

--------------------
Yannis

|  IP: Logged

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2008 08:50 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
which type of film are you running in it it can show both super 8 and regular 8 maybe your running the wrong format in it. if these things are not that difficult to disassemble simlpy take it apart and watch as the film moves through it may you can see what is going on while it moves.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 20, 2008 05:29 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably a switch problem. These Elmo editors were made by Goko and I had exactly the same problem on my RM8008 stereo Editor. It turned out to be the switch itself which is activated by the control knob.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2008 08:14 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, Kev, thanks for your replies;
No,Jim,it's not a dual-8 but a super-8 one, so it can't be this; Kev,funny thing is,I saw the belt and is working fine,and the editor's take-up reel arm turns before I thread the film;but afterwards it's still;so the feed reel arm & worms that are supposed to move the film in the editor do not work-does this support your guess that it's the switch problem then,and do you suggest that I check the main switch knob?

--------------------
Yannis

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 21, 2008 03:12 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I think that you should check the switches. It's got to be something like that.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC