8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CINEFEST

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CINEFEST
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 22, 2008 06:40 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again, hope to see you fine people at the Syracuse show. I'm trying to convince Steve Osborne to come, and we can discuss the possibility of creatimng a film show for all gauges in 8mm, 9.5 and such, as this sort of idea hasn't happened fro quite a while. CINEFEST is great, but I want a show like Blackpool, strictly film and accessories really. Anyway, let's try and at least get together, Shorty

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2008 09:49 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty-

Can you please post information on the CINEFEST show (date, etc.)

I would love to attend. Especially if we could get Steve Osborne, maybe even Dave Thomas, to have some dealers tables. I'm sure even regular CINEFEST customers would find an interest in the super 8 world. We may even be able to convert someone!

James.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2008 01:38 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James....you can do a search for cinefest 2008. It's a great time....they have a huge dealers room....free popcorn all day and night...tons of films to watch...and all sorts of things. It's march 13, 14, 15 and 16th. It's an 8 hour drive..if there's no blizzard along the way. Hotel (holiday inn) is pretty close to the airport also.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2008 03:28 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you have a great event guys.

Does Dave Thomas still produce a little magazine with used films as well as the new prints, or has he moved it all to his ebay store now? I received it for years and bought quite a few films from him, service was always first rate too.

David

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2008 06:25 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary-

Thanks for the info!

I hope I will be able to attend this event. I'm gonna try.

David-

I too was a long-time customer of Dave Thomas Films. I havent seen his newsletter in quite a while, so I'm not sure if he's still doing that. I do know he sells alot of super 8 stuff on the internet, so he should have plenty of goodies for a nice dealers table, if he can come.

James.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 24, 2008 08:27 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being in touch with Dave occasionally, he said no longer dioes he have that nice colorful listing from years past, and I inquired about certain shorts i still need that he once had on those lists, but apparently all gone. He's still on-line and it would be swell to have him, Steve Osborne, and many others at CINEFEST, I hope to see you all there, bring films and projectors!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC